Archived on 6/5/2022

Lazy or crazy Sunday, which are you having?

anon64893700
29 May '16

I started out this morning with a nice long walk with the dogs (one at a time), then decided that I would have a nice lazy day.
Unfortunately boredom got the better of me, so I am getting ready to go for a nice relaxing ride. Which will probably turn onto a battle against myself to get good times on my Strava.

No rest for the wicked.
What it everyone else doing this afternoon?

anon5422159
29 May '16

I’m busy promoting this website this morning (while enjoying a coffee in Gails, Dulwich Village) @Liz_Hall is off doing some triathlon training in a lido - brave girl!

This afternoon we’re seeing the new movie Money Monster. I’m always interested in movies about my industry… they are a mixed bag of sensationalism and deep, dark truth: :worried:

thirstforwine
29 May '16

Geocaching with the extended family, so kids can introduce it to their grandparents. Very relaxing to walk in old woods

RachaelDunlop
29 May '16

Demon Dog has been walked this morning in Beckenham Place Park Woods, one of my favourite places in London (or is it Kent?). Now he’s sparked out and I’m making my famous, from scratch Southern Fried Chicken. After which I will attempt to read a book while fighting off a nap.

anon64893700
29 May '16

@anon5422159 Does Liz train with friends? Only I have a friend who does the exact same triathlon stuff. She isn’t local but I’m sure we could all meet up some time if you fancy it. I will stay out of the lake swimming bit haha.

Just a thought, Gemma is super keen with it all.

anon64893700
29 May '16

Sounds like a good day so far there @RachaelDunlop , nothing like wearing the dogs out to get some peace and quiet.
I have just finished a nice little blog entry while I prepare for my ride, so I guess it’s about that time now.
Nap, you know you want to.

Liz_Hall
29 May '16

I’ve done my swim, so can now veg out for the rest of the day :smile:
I think I may have spent more energy keeping warm than swimming (it was a very chilly 18 degrees)

anon64893700
29 May '16

Brrr that’s wetsuit temperatures!
I went for a nice long ride, took a bit of an unexpected turn but I’m home and breathing, that’s the main thing lol

Pauline
29 May '16

Well I was working today so guess I had a crazy start to the day, but now home & waiting for the kids to get home (13yo Skateboarding at Brixton Skate Park & 18yo at MY friends :joy:). So it’s now the lazy part of the day for me, rustling up a bit of food for when they get home & chillaxing as they say :slight_smile:

RachaelDunlop
29 May '16

Well, there was no nap, but I did watch an ENTIRE movie uninterrupted this afternoon, something that rarely happens. Ate a whole bar of Cadbury’s Jelly Popping Candy (don’t judge) and took the dog for his second walk. Now he’s asleep - again - and I should be prepping a submission package for a very prestigious writing competition, but for some reason I am here instead. #ProcrastinationProfessional

Pauline
29 May '16

Good luck with the competition @RachaelDunlop I should be filling in the last few bits of info for #FHFW funding but it can wait till tomorrow :slight_smile:

anon64893700
29 May '16

Sounds like a good balance, no rest so recharged. My Linda day. I shall be having takeaway and cakes myself soon. Well earned on my ride of course.

Londondrz
29 May '16

Got up at 5 am, packed the wife and kids into the car and drove to North Yorkshire. Now sitting having a glass of Prosecco. Life is good.:sunglasses:

anon64893700
29 May '16

Crikey, nice and relaxed or what. Well earned drink for sure. Hope you all have a great time.

anon64893700
29 May '16

This was how my Sunday ended…
Rounded off a 100 mile week on the bike. Lovely ride around town and along the river.

And fell off in the process… :blush:

thirstforwine
29 May '16

ouch!!! looks painful

:scream:

anon64893700
29 May '16

I have had worse Rob. Interesting to see what it serves up over night.

anon5422159
29 May '16

I suspect the Mercedes came off worse - I have seen the size of your arms in real life, you’re built like Hulk Hogan!

anon64893700
29 May '16

Haha, well if being coated in my skin is worse off, it did indeed. The guy was super nice though.

As for my arms, :blush: stop it! Lol

Pauline
29 May '16

Sudo cream mate @anon64893700 does the trick every time!

anon64893700
29 May '16

Aaah it’s ok really. We shall see how the muscles feel in the morning