Archived on 6/5/2022

Lewisham 3 Peaks Challenge 16 July

ChrisBarnham
16 Jun '16

We are launching the Lewisham 3 Peaks Challenge on Saturday 16 July, starting at 11am in Hilly Fields. Here is a bit of background.

The Brockley Three Peaks is a circular walk, linking our green space with local shopping streets. It links up One Tree Hill, Hilly Fields, Ladywell Fields and Blythe Hill Fields. The aim is to promote the use of local green spaces, and the shops, cafes and other businesses near them. And to encourage people to enjoy and explore our neighbourhoods.

The walking route was devised by a small group of residents in Crofton Park and Ladywell. With funding from the Ladywell Assembly, we have created an attractive map and guide, which you should increasingly see available in shops and other local businesses. And now, to launch the route, we have linked up with For Jimmy and the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust for the Lewisham 3 Peaks Challenge on Saturday 16 July. These are two local charities that support children and young people’s safety. We all benefit from making our neighbourhood a safe place for children to grow up in.

We are hoping for good turnout on the day, and you can get involved by:

• getting a copy of the map and guide (they’ll be available at Hilly Fields Summer Fayre on 18 June, and other outlets locally). Whether you can join in on the day or not, we hope you’ll find the map and walk enjoyable and interesting.
• Buying a limited edition souvenir t-shirt, designed by Guardian cartoonist and local resident, Martin Rowson. All money will go to the charities.
• Joining the walk. You can do as much or as little of the five miles as you like. And of course you can simply turn up on the day. But we are encouraging people to sign up to be part of the inaugural walk. Details at http://bit.ly/1OBS7rN

You can keep in touch with arrangements on Twitter (@Brockley3Peaks) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Lewisham-3-Peaks-Challenge-1034541099971217/)

I will post images of the maps and t-shirts in a subsequent post.

thirstforwine
16 Jun '16

sounds good to me - love walking challenges :slight_smile:

system
16 Jun '16

:white_check_mark: this is an approved not-for-profit post. Thanks for sharing

ChrisBarnham
16 Jun '16

Here’s what the maps look like

ChrisBarnham
16 Jun '16

…and Martin Rowson’s fab t-shirts

thirstforwine
17 Jun '16

hey @ChrisBarnham I just realised I can’t take part that weekend as I’m travelling but I’d love to know the map and contribute in some way. Is there a way to get the map (and maybe t-shirt) by donating and do the route at another time on my own?

shame!

ChrisBarnham
17 Jun '16

We’ve got a stall at Hilly Fields tomorrow, and Blythe Hill on 2 July. Maps should be in local outlets like Crofton Park library soon.

TimLund
15 Jun '17

See this is on again this year, July 1st, starting Hilly Fields at 11.00