Archived on 6/5/2022

Lewisham Town Hall phone lines

DevonishForester
10 Apr '18

The phones have been down for a week. Although there is an emergency switchboard service, they are unable to transfer to any departments or officers.

anon30031319
10 Apr '18

Their take on it is …

DevonishForester
10 Apr '18

I wonder which contractor is responsible? A week is a long time.

DevonishForester
11 Apr '18

Looks like no-one is interested. Perhaps everyone is cynical to the point that there is no expectation for anything in the Borough to work properly?

RachaelDunlop
11 Apr '18

Why do you assume no one is interested? People can be interested in a topic and not chose to comment. A whole thread of ‘Yes, isn’t that terrible?’ wouldn’t be very interesting.

DevonishForester
11 Apr '18

Remember that we live in a one-party mini-state with no official opposition. There is no serious investigative journalism locally.

The only scrutiny is from forums like this.

I would be interested in having a little more than “we’re doing the best we can to fix the problem”

What is the background? Is the system old? Is there an upgrade in process? Has a new contractor been appointed to manage the system, or is an in-house IT team responsible?

anon30031319
11 Apr '18

That is exactly what I was hoping to find out. But nothing. In fact the basic message of “we will tell you when it’s fixed”… Well that’s helpful!