Archived on 6/5/2022

Local Cushion Cover maker?

Bolgerp
12 Nov '16

Does anyone know someone local who can make cushion covers? We have a lovely set of Habitat Radius dining chairs however the cushion covers have seen better days.They are not a standard shape or fit and I cannot seem to find anywhere to buy new covers online, except on eBay in their original colour. I’d like them in a different colour. I can send away for them to be done but would prefer to give my business to someone local if possible.

Cheers.

Pauline
12 Nov '16

Try Stag & Bow :slight_smile:

Bolgerp
13 Nov '16

Cheers Pauline!!

Daffodil
13 Nov '16

I need some chair cushions making too, and also would prefer a local company rather than sending them off. The nearest I could find is Starbuck upholstery in Brockley, although when I called up they were busy until the New year.

topofthehill
14 Nov '16

Try Angel Upholstery Melbourne Grove East Dulwich. They made cushions for me for dining chairs some years ago and did an excellent job.

Bolgerp
14 Nov '16

Cheers!!

Londondrz
14 Nov '16

There is also Munro Upholsterers on Kirkdale. Have not used them so cant say if they are any good.

anon94852771
14 Nov '16

One of my neighbours has just started up a business making cushion covers and similar things. I’ll get his contact details and pass them on to you.

Bolgerp
14 Nov '16

Ooohhh excellent… thanks.

anon94852771
15 Nov '16

The e mail address to contact regarding cushion covers is davidopare@icloud.com

Bolgerp
16 Nov '16

Thanks for all your suggestions… have spoken to Angel Upholstery and they’ve given me a quote… just need to wander up there and peruse the fabrics they have on offer and we could be onto a winner!

nog
16 Mar '17

Can I ask how did it go with the new covers, I have the same problem and need 6-8 new ones.

Bolgerp
17 Mar '17

Hi @nog

Actually, we haven’t progressed anywhere with this at all… it’s gone on the long finger, I’m afraid…

nog
17 Mar '17

Thank you for letting me know I have phone habitat and looked around (eBay) but still no good.

Will post results if I end up doing the job. Thank again nog

Londondrz
17 Mar '17

Stag and Bow?