Archived on 6/5/2022

Local Independent Coffee Roastery

Mont58Coffee
12 Jul '19

Mont58 is an independent coffee roastery, based in Catford. We roast the very best beans from around the world and deliver your fresh coffee, ground or whole beans, through your letterbox.

Our mission to bring fresh, hand roasted, top-quality coffee to people and businesses in our local area. We roast locally and love selling locally!

TO GET 50% OFF YOUR FIRST BAG of coffee go to http://mont58coffee.com
use voucher code: HALFPRICE

Beige
12 Jul '19

Your website etc look great, welcome to the forum.

Would you sell coffee in kg bags? I’m a heavy user.

Mont58Coffee
12 Jul '19

Thank you! yes we sell 1kg bags and will add this option to the website in the next few days. In the meantime, please email me directly to: contact@mont58coffee.com with the coffee/s you’d like to have and i’ll be happy to deliver a 1kg bag to you.

JS
12 Jul '19

I really liked the look and feel of your website. Makes me want to try some. Because I am not familiar with your coffee it would be useful, in my opinion, to have an overview of the key characteristics of each coffee as a snapshot (e.g. in a table format). Just a thought :slightly_smiling_face:

robertjroy
13 Jul '19

I love supporting local and have just placed my first order - will report back soon! :smiley:

ForestHull
13 Jul '19

There look to only be 7 options and there are notes on the site, but I do love a good summary myself too:

Brazil:
Taste: Soft, Light, Nutty
Roast: Light / Medium
Strength: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Honduras:
Taste: Bittersweet, Nutty, Rich
Roast: Dark

Papua New Guinea:
Taste: Smooth, Velvety, Earthy
Roast: Medium

Costa Rica:
Taste: Honey, Bright, Clean
Roast: Light / Medium

Guatemala:
Taste: Bittersweet, Cocoa notes
Roast: Medium / Dark

Peru:
Taste: Smooth, Chocolaty, Bittersweet
Roast: Medium / Dark

Ethiopia:
Taste: Complex, Fragrant, Deep
Roast: Medium

It’s not quite a James Hoffmann review, but I think I’ll try some Costa Rica, and if good, see if I can persuade my employer to setup a subscription.

ForestHull
18 Sep '19

So my office tried both the Ethiopian and the Columbian beans, both medium roasts, ‘brewed’ in the bean2cup machine (sorry!).

The Columbian coffee was very fragrant, and had a light cherry after taste which was popular. The Ethiopian was probably the slightly more popular of the two, less fragrant but very smooth.

Delivery to home was by hand, quick and efficient.

We are probably going to have to try some more now as no one wants to go back to the ‘stock’ beans!

HOPcrossbun
19 Sep '19

Are you stocked in any local cafes yet so I could give it a try? Best of luck with your venture - I’m sick of drinking the same old coffee beans (usually Square Mile or Monmouth) in what are meant to be independent and unique coffee shops.

Mont58Coffee
19 Sep '19

Hi there! So glad to hear you guys liked the coffees. Thanks for letting me know :slightly_smiling_face:
We also have a new El Salvador coffee (not yet listed on the website) which is delicious in my opinion as well as Costa Rica which i think you guys would enjoy if you liked Colombia.
Looking forward to deliver your next batch of fresh beans!
Shai

Mont58Coffee
19 Sep '19

Hi,
Yes we supply our coffees to BeatsandGrind, Benhue and in the process of getting more local Cafes on board. We’re also stocked in local deli shops (such as Aga’s little Deli, GoodFood Catford, Proud Sow and others) and deliver to local offices and individuals who support us and want to enjoy proper fresh coffee roasted nearby. It is so encouraging to hear your comment about the same old beans from the big commercial roasters – i couldn’t agree more!
Thank you :slight_smile: