Archived on 6/5/2022

Local meet-up @ Sylvan Post

Andy
23 Jul '19

It’s been a while and a lot has happened since the last. We need some spiritual healing.

Sylvan Post always wins the vote for the establishment, so can we cut out any ‘democracy’ regarding where to meet and just settle on a date? Do people prefer Thursdays?

Also, just two rules: sock-puppets are not welcome and no forum mutiny talk.

Londondrz
23 Jul '19

I will happily venture all the way from Norfolk for that.

topofthehill
23 Jul '19

I think that is a good idea and am up for it. Sylvan Post is ideal.

DickWynne
23 Jul '19

Yes I’ll hike down from HOP — or maybe get the train.

Pauline
23 Jul '19

Haha Thursday’s are good for me as I only have Uni for a couple of hours on Friday’s.

Pauline
23 Jul '19

Any dates in mind?

Pauline
23 Jul '19

Can I suggest Thursday 22nd August at 7pm.

I can book a table @Sylvanpost if all agree.

Pauline

DickWynne
23 Jul '19

Yep

topofthehill
24 Jul '19

Thursday 22 August is fine for me.

Andy
24 Jul '19

I’m away from 21 August, but please proceed without me :+1:t2:

topofthehill
24 Jul '19

What about the Thursday before Thursday 22 August?

watchman45
24 Jul '19

Yes ok for me x2

DickWynne
24 Jul '19

Yes I can do Thurs 15 Aug

ForestHull
24 Jul '19
  • Thursday 15th August
  • Thursday 22nd August
  • Thursday 29th August

0 voters

Estelle
24 Jul '19

@Benjamint and I are up for this!

Pauline
24 Jul '19

@ForestHull can you let me know the most popular date when the pole finishes and numbers and I’ll book a table/or tables @Sylvanpost to accommodate everyone :slight_smile:

anon37953414
24 Jul '19

Funny that there’s a whole topic about saving All Inn One, a locally owned business, and the plan here is to go to Sylvan, which is owned by a chain that famously doesn’t treat their staff well.

Andy
24 Jul '19

I think the topic you mention is about the sale of the all in one, not saving it.

This is a different topic; a different thread of conversation. This site is not a campaign group.

If you want to propose a meet-up at a different establishment then do, but I doubt you will.

topofthehill
24 Jul '19

I am a great fan of All Inn One, having been a regular for several years.

However, they no longer have a kitchen so no food is available.

ForestHull
26 Jul '19

@Pauline, will do - shall we let the poll run over the weekend and close on Monday? That should give time for everyone to see it.

Pauline
26 Jul '19

Yes, good plan :slight_smile:

system
27 Jul '19
Pauline
28 Jul '19

It’s looking like the 15th August is the preferred date by the majority. I will check back tomorrow when the poll closes to book a table/tables @Sylvanpost Sadly this is the only date I can’t make as I have so much Uni work to submit by the 20th but hope all have a fab time.

ForestHull
29 Jul '19

Poll closed :smile:

Looks like fourteen votes for the 15th, though it was close with the 22nd.

Such a shame you can’t make it yourself @Pauline, there’s always the next time…

starman
29 Jul '19

From the OP it’s not clear whether elephants should be a topic for discussion. I think they can which would be a good thing, The vault simply isn’t big enough to store one. I gather discussion of mutiny is off limits and forum members have to be themselves for once.

ForestHull
29 Jul '19

The original post was just two rules:

Actually you can simplify this to just one rule though: be positive & polite.

applespider
29 Jul '19

Let’s keep this on track for those who want to meet up. There’s no agenda, nor any banned topics at the meet up. It’s for those who want to meet up with others who live or work in the area.

Please keep in mind that while this is being organised through the forum, it’s being done by regular users and not as an official se23.life event.

ForestHull
29 Jul '19

Very good point. So I’ve ‘neutralised’ the topic title - I had changed it to se23.life meet-up once the poll was decided, but now it’s just ‘Local meet-up’ to be uncontentious.

starman
29 Jul '19

Thanks Dom. It’ll be good to talk about some of these recent events offline. The @ForestHillSociety is also planning some local meet ‘n’ greets, the first I think will be in October so plenty of opportunity for Forest Hillbillies to gather. We were thinking of the Sylvan Post but might have to find a venue big enough for elephants. :wink:

starman
29 Jul '19

:rofl:. I guess the social media handler didn’t get the memo.

https://twitter.com/SE23life/status/1155753399075450880

Pauline
29 Jul '19

"Poll closed :smile:

Looks like fourteen votes for the 15th, though it was close with the 22nd.

Such a shame you can’t make it yourself @Pauline, there’s always the next time"

No problem @ForestHull sure I’ll be able to make the next one, and who knows. I may finish my Uni work early and pop along anyway for half an hour :slight_smile:

I’ll book a table for 15, 15th August, 7pm @Sylvanpost on my way back from locking up FH Library this Saturday and send confirmation.

Sylvanpost
29 Jul '19

All booked in for you

15th August 7pm for 15 people

Kind Regards

Adacia Bryers

Assistant Manager

Sylvan Post

24/28 Darmouth Road

SE23 3XU

0208 291 5712

See what we’ve got happening at
https://sylvanpost.com/whats-on/

Twitter:@Sylvanpost Facebook:Sylvanpost Instagram: @Sylvan post se23

Pauline
29 Jul '19

@Michael sure you can come and meet me as a friend if I get my Uni work finished early and can make it on the day. Will email you a couple of days before to let you know if I will be able to make it,may see you there? Haven’t touched base with you in a couple of weeks so catch up would be good x

Pauline
29 Jul '19

"All booked in for you

15th August 7pm for 15 people

Kind Regards

Adacia Bryers

Assistant Manager

Sylvan Post

24/28 Darmouth Road

SE23 3XU"

Thanks guys x

Carole
5 Aug '19

Would there be room for me, or is the booking for 15 final?
Carole

ForestHull
5 Aug '19

The more the merrier I think… And if there aren’t enough seats, you can have mine :slight_smile:

Carole
5 Aug '19

Thanks. I’ll try and get along.

Pauline
5 Aug '19

Definitely Carole x I’ll try get along for half an hour at least.

Leah_C
6 Aug '19

Third time lucky for me perhaps? Haven’t been able make the last couple with all best intentions. So fingers crossed!

NorthernMatt
11 Aug '19

Work permitting I hope to make it this time!

Anotherjohn
15 Aug '19

I’m hoping to get there for a swift arf

Michael
15 Aug '19

Looking forward to seeing people this evening.

topofthehill
15 Aug '19

I hope to be there.

Leah_C
15 Aug '19

Planning to get up there for 7 as I can’t stay too long. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Londondrz
15 Aug '19

Have a good time All.

anon5422159
15 Aug '19

The tenth #meetup organised here, and hopefully a good’un! Sad to miss it.

oakr
15 Aug '19

Have fun all - it was the only day I could not do but will hopefully make the next one!

Londondrz
15 Aug '19

I shall also make a vigorous attempt to do the next one. Any suggestions on local hotels etc?

oakr
15 Aug '19

No idea but I think the @AllInnOne might have rooms which could be handy if it is there, which I believe might be the preferred next meet-up location?

Londondrz
15 Aug '19

I usually stay there as Julia is a great host but thought they may have closed the rooms down. Will check. Thank you

topofthehill
16 Aug '19

Most enjoyable evening at Sylvan Post. A very happy gathering. Looking forward to the next one.

ForestHull
16 Aug '19

Indeed, a very enjoyable evening meeting some new and interesting people.

If anyone that was present would like to have their profile verified, please PM me and I think we can get it arranged :slight_smile:

Estelle
18 Aug '19

Hi everyone! Lovely to meet some of you. @Benjamint and I also had an ace meal at Matoom afterwards so I great evening all round. Shout out to Anthony and David too. Lovely to meet you.

See you next time.
Estelle

Pauline
20 Aug '19

Sad I didn’t make it, but hopefully will for the next one. Heard it was a good night :slight_smile: