Local meet-up @ Sylvan Post

Yes, good plan :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s looking like the 15th August is the preferred date by the majority. I will check back tomorrow when the poll closes to book a table/tables @Sylvanpost Sadly this is the only date I can’t make as I have so much Uni work to submit by the 20th but hope all have a fab time.

1 Like

Poll closed :smile:

Looks like fourteen votes for the 15th, though it was close with the 22nd.

Such a shame you can’t make it yourself @Pauline, there’s always the next time…

1 Like

This post was flagged and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

From the OP it’s not clear whether elephants should be a topic for discussion. I think they can which would be a good thing, The vault simply isn’t big enough to store one. I gather discussion of mutiny is off limits and forum members have to be themselves for once.

1 Like

The original post was just two rules:

Actually you can simplify this to just one rule though: be positive & polite.

Let’s keep this on track for those who want to meet up. There’s no agenda, nor any banned topics at the meet up. It’s for those who want to meet up with others who live or work in the area.

Please keep in mind that while this is being organised through the forum, it’s being done by regular users and not as an official se23.life event.

3 Likes

Very good point. So I’ve ‘neutralised’ the topic title - I had changed it to se23.life meet-up once the poll was decided, but now it’s just ‘Local meet-up’ to be uncontentious.

1 Like

Thanks Dom. It’ll be good to talk about some of these recent events offline. The @ForestHillSociety is also planning some local meet ‘n’ greets, the first I think will be in October so plenty of opportunity for Forest Hillbillies to gather. We were thinking of the Sylvan Post but might have to find a venue big enough for elephants. :wink:

:rofl:. I guess the social media handler didn’t get the memo.

"Poll closed :smile:

Looks like fourteen votes for the 15th, though it was close with the 22nd.

Such a shame you can’t make it yourself @Pauline, there’s always the next time"

No problem @ForestHull sure I’ll be able to make the next one, and who knows. I may finish my Uni work early and pop along anyway for half an hour :slight_smile:

I’ll book a table for 15, 15th August, 7pm @Sylvanpost on my way back from locking up FH Library this Saturday and send confirmation.

1 Like

All booked in for you

15th August 7pm for 15 people

Kind Regards

Adacia Bryers

Assistant Manager

Sylvan Post

24/28 Darmouth Road

SE23 3XU

0208 291 5712

See what we’ve got happening at
https://sylvanpost.com/whats-on/

Twitter:@Sylvanpost Facebook:Sylvanpost Instagram: @Sylvan post se23

4 Likes

@Michael sure you can come and meet me as a friend if I get my Uni work finished early and can make it on the day. Will email you a couple of days before to let you know if I will be able to make it,may see you there? Haven’t touched base with you in a couple of weeks so catch up would be good x

"All booked in for you

15th August 7pm for 15 people

Kind Regards

Adacia Bryers

Assistant Manager

Sylvan Post

24/28 Darmouth Road

SE23 3XU"

Thanks guys x

1 Like

Would there be room for me, or is the booking for 15 final?
Carole

1 Like

The more the merrier I think… And if there aren’t enough seats, you can have mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try and get along.

3 Likes

Definitely Carole x I’ll try get along for half an hour at least.

2 Likes

Third time lucky for me perhaps? Haven’t been able make the last couple with all best intentions. So fingers crossed!

2 Likes