Archived on 6/5/2022

Local piano and singing teacher offering free consulations in SE23

iroxby22
27 Jan '17

Hello

My name is Isolde Roxby and I am a freelance opera singer as well as a DBS-checked piano and singing teacher.

In my 14 years of teaching experience, my students have ranged from age 4 to adults and include those who have learning difficulties including autism and ADHD. I have put many of my students through ABRSM examinations and have a no-fail rate. I am a patient and engaging teacher who works towards building confidence and individuality in my students. I am technical in my approach but always with a view to showing how music-making can be made easier and more enjoyable. I have experience teaching in a range of styles including Classical, Musical Theatre, Pop, Rock, Folk and World Music.

In addition to my one-to-one tuition, I have experience as a choir director, firstly as the director of my own madrigal group and, in later years, helping to rehearse children’s choirs. In 2012, I stage-directed ‘The Magic-Flute’ with KCL Operatic society with around 30 young adults. In 2014 I worked with Clonter Opera, running workshops for 150 children a day for two weeks. This involved teaching the children about different aspects of performing Opera and Musical Theatre and demonstrating throughout the day.

I teach piano from complete beginner to Grade 5 and singing from beginner to Grade 8. If you are interested in arranging a free consultation lesson at your home, then please contact me at i.roxby22@gmail.com

Toyin
6 Jun '17

Hi
What is your charge for 7 years old?
Cheers