Archived on 6/5/2022

Local takeaways open Christmas Day

HOPcrossbun
21 Dec '20

Never thought I’d be asking this but, given the disaster that is 2020, does anyone know any good local Chinese (or other) takeaways open for collection on Christmas Day?

Alternatively - even better if anyone knows any pubs or restaurants doing takeaway Christmas lunches?

Thanks!

HonorOakBloke
22 Dec '20

Babur is doing a set Christmas Day meal for takeaway/collection - I’ve already got one ordered!
However, they do need to be booked in advance - no on-the-day ordering.

squashst
22 Dec '20

And I am down for Babur as well (with some cocktails!). Its very good but not the cheapest - you will need to order today I think. I did have a look at a couple of pubs like the Signal but they seem to be closed.

There may be a wider selection of takeaways on Christmas Eve and you can reheat the next day (but thoroughly!)

Nadia
22 Dec '20

Ditto for Babur… we were due to eat there Christmas Day before the restrictions came in place. So now we’re doing the takeaway. Very excited :slight_smile:

starman
22 Dec '20

We had booked for their Christmas tasting menu on the 28th. Sadly they cannot recreate that for home delivery. It’ll still be a Babur meal that night though.

ChrisR
22 Dec '20

@HOPcrossbun

Not that local but the only place I’ve found doing a Christmas meal on Christmas Day that will deliver to SE23 is the Birds Nest pub in Deptford. They’re doing a 3 course Christmas meal from 12pm to 6pm for delivery or collection @ £35. It has to be preordered by 9pm tonight!

Although their usual menu is on their website the Christmas menu is on their Facebook page:

HOPcrossbun
23 Dec '20

Thanks all - we’ve booked Babur. Can’t believe I’m eating an Indian takeaway for Christmas lunch but at least it will be a good one! Will appreciate my turkey and all the trimmings next year.