Loft conversion - any recommendations?

recommendations

My loft build starts next month and im going with taylored lofts after a good amount of research and meeting 4 companys. I didnt speak to Classic as ive heard alot of bad things about them.

Thanks Simon, this helps a lot! Do you have a website or contact info for them? Want to make sure I reach out to the right people :slight_smile:

www.tayloredlofts.co.uk. Based on Stanstead Rd.

Just finishing up our loft build with Taylored - couple of weeks to go. Happy to answer any questions on how we’ve found them etc. over DM (although I might need that function enabled on my account).

@ChrisBeach please can you enable DM for me?

Hi @Christopher - it already is. PMing is automatically enabled for all established contributors to SE23.life.

@moderators reserve judgement when enabling for newer members, as we do not want to allow the forum to be used for commercial spam.

We have just had our loft done by Benchmark Lofts based on the positive feedback I found on the east dulwich forum. Tom and his team did a really good job so I would recommend them. http://benchmark-lofts.com/our-process/

The other company that I was impressed with but we didn’t go with in the end was Ash Island lofts. They came accross really well and I have had feedback from others that their work is good. http://www.ashislandlofts.co.uk/

In terms of cost, we had quotes through from Selcom, Taylored lofts, Benchmark and Ash Island and they all came though at around the same price based on our requirements.

Hi there, we’ve used Plaster Fever for our kitchen extension and loft conversion. We cannot recommend them enough! We were lucky to have Lu the director managing our build, it all run smoothly, on time and budget. The attention to details and design ideas were second to none.
lu@plasterfever.com - www.plasterfever.com

Just avoid LMB lofts, LMB Group, or LMB Loft Conversions or LMB Lofts limited or Addiscombe Building Contractors Limited and their pumped up online reviews. I’ve had around 20 or so people contact me and had to tell them to avoid them at all costs, and probably saved them a lot of grief.

If you apply for planning permission in Croydon you’ll be on the list and will almost certainly get Lee Murphy out of nowhere knocking on your door trying to convince you to use his company to do a loft extension. I pretty much know all the inner workings, financial transactions, communication interceptions, etc…as I was more than willing to go court with his ratbag solicitor, and funnily enough, I’m still waiting for a date! DM if need any more info.