Archived on 6/5/2022

London City Airport Community Fund applications

ThorNogson
25 Sep '20

Charities in London Boroughs including Lewisham that are affected by aircraft noise from this airport are able to apply for charitable grant funding from its community fund. Deadline for applications is end of October. Letter below.

“London City Airport £75k Community Fund – 2021 first tranche

London City Airport £75k Community Fund is open for applications for 2021 tranche.

If you are a charity or a not-for-profit organisation delivering project/programme for your local community, you may be eligible to apply for a grant between £300-£3000.

Please have a look at the eligible boroughs and funding criteria to ensure your project falls into these. For more information and how to apply please visit our Community Fund website.

Applications are now open, deadline for this round is 5pm on Friday 30th October 2020. Awardees will be announced in early February 2021.”

DevonishForester
25 Sep '20

Nothing for households

ThorNogson
25 Sep '20

I take it you mean no cash grants to households? No, those noise insulation grants are only available to people living very close to airports.
But a £3000 grant, whatever its source, to a local charity like Sydenham Garden or Young Lewisham provides help to many vulnerable people and by extension to their households. Hence my wish to publicise that Lewisham charities can apply for their share of these charitable funds.

DevonishForester
25 Sep '20

Agreed. It just has nothing to do with the harm LCY causes thousands of people.

ThorNogson
1 Feb '21

The next round of funding applications is invited for up to £3000 charitable funding from the London City Airport Community fund. The closing date for applications is 28th May I’m pleased to note that two Lewisham charities made successful applications in the last round.

London City Airport Community Fund awards £40k funding to local groups to support East London’s recovery from COVID-19 - London City Airport: Mediaroom