Archived on 6/5/2022

Looking for commercial premises for independent record shop

Owain_Jones
24 Apr '21

Hi, I hope you are well :slight_smile:
Someone messaged me and recomended contacting you to see if there are any properties available currently.
I run an independent record shop seeking a new premises.
I couldn’t see a way to private message you sorry as new to the SE23.life site.

All the best
Owain :slight_smile:

Anotherjohn
24 Apr '21

Hi Owain

I’m afraid all of my shops are let and I’m not aware of any others that are closing so I can’t help you.
As Forest Hill is such a friendly place, I suggest that you just pop your head into the shops and introduce yourself as you never know if someone might have some space to share or even if they or their neighbour is contemplating a move.
Good luck with your search and with your business.
John

ForestHull
24 Apr '21

What about the place where Small Print Books used to be, 37 St David’s Road - looks like it is to let:

https://www.linays.co.uk/linays_properties/37-davids-road-forest-hill-se23-3ep/

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Owain_Jones
24 Apr '21

ooo fab thanks will investigate :slight_smile:

Owain_Jones
24 Apr '21

Thanks John for getting back to me.
I will give that a go :slight_smile:
Cheers

Anotherjohn
24 Apr '21

If you find a place that you like, but you’re unsure how commercial lettings work, please feel free to come back to me and I will give you the low-down.

oakr
24 Apr '21

Not sure it has the footfall you need, but the old Iceni music shop on Brockley Rise is vacant I think (at least they moved out) ,and has another music shop near it which might be a nice fit (Soundheart). The corner is on the up, with Bravos Motorbikes, Pizzarte and Sans Store recent additions, the new Art gallery (Art dog I think) and the old betting shop being redeveloped, and it’s in the path of quite a few Dalmain parents. There is also a laundrette nearby.

Good luck!

Poppleoppledus
24 Apr '21

I read that Lazy Peach on Dartmouth Road is for sale as a business. Wonder if you could change the use easily.

There’s also loads of seemingly vacant properties. I always wonder why they’re not being made use of like the old Dartmouth Tandoori or that one that sold bric-a-brac.

marymck
25 Apr '21

There are some vacant shops on the old High Street on Kirkdale that could be a good fit. There are retro stores such as Mabel’s Five and Dime and some of the shops in the run between Halifax Street and Fransfield Grove have their own curtilage to the front. The old Thai restaurant on the corner of Fransfield Grove has been empty for many years. It has a good, prominent position and being a corner shop huge potential.

Anotherjohn
25 Apr '21

Shop user classes have recently been amended, which means that Lazy Peach’s previous use is now the same for a retail shop. The problem I’d see with that particular premises is that the owner appears to be holding-out for a premium of quite a few thousands to assign their lease. MInd you, given that they’re paying over a grand a month rent, they might be persuaded to just let it go.

There might be someone dealing on the old bric-a-brac shop as there’s currently a planning application in to alter the upper parts.

The od Dartmouth Tandoori is a mystery - but I think Gulam in For Your Eyes Only is the only man who can possibly shed some light on that one.