Archived on 6/5/2022

Looking for voluntary work

Persephone
9 Jul '19

Having just resigned from my job due to bereavement, I am figuring it will be a while before I find meaningful employment again.

In the meantime I want to stay active and useful and not have a massive gap in my CV… Does anyone know of any local organisations who may need volunteers for a while?

I am a qualified nurse, a super organised administrator and I like books, people, animals and general being useful. My email is juliana_1803@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance :sparkles:

starman
9 Jul '19
Forestbird
9 Jul '19

St christophers hospice are always looking for volunteers and sometimes nursing staff. In sydenham.

ThorNogson
9 Jul '19

Good luck with finding something that works for you. I managed Sydenham Garden a while back - there were interesting volunteering slots for people with your type of skills and interests who were really useful working with staff and other volunteers in therapeutic gardening and creative sessions. https://www.sydenhamgarden.org.uk/contact-us/volunteer-application/

Persephone
9 Jul '19

Thanks - looking at returning to nursing

Gypsyjolee
9 Jul '19

Sorry for your loss :purple_heart:

jmoney
14 Jul '19

Sorry for your loss. I’ve heard that Lewisham Hospital is looking for volunteers if you were looking to go back to nursing? https://www.lewishamandgreenwich.nhs.uk/get-involved/

Pauline
14 Jul '19

Welcome to the forum and very sorry for your loss.

Your help would be very appreciated here if you can help in any way.

Best wishes
Pauline

Pauline
14 Jul '19

Also at Forest Hill Library, please let me know if you want me or @Michael chair of @ForestHillSociety to send you a form. We can do this via email or maybe one of us can meet up with you. Sure between both of us we could arrange to meet you if it suits.

Best wishes

Pauline

Persephone
14 Jul '19

Hi Pauline thanks for you reply. Am up and running as a volunteer at the library and did a few hours last week and scheduled for this week too.

Super friendly staff and gorgeous building. Is a wonderful thing to maintain for the community and glad to be a part of it!

Pauline
14 Jul '19

Thank you so much, sure I will meet you soon.

Persephone
17 Jul '19

juliana_1803@yahoo.com if still needing volunteers for Stephania

Pauline
17 Jul '19

I have just emailed you.

Thanks
Pauline