Archived on 6/5/2022

Lost dog?

boswell
15 Dec '18

There’s a dog that has just come down from one tree hill, heading towards forest hill road. Has a red collar. Wouldn’t let me get close to it. I tried to follow it at a distance but have lost it.

Sheilarose
15 Dec '18

If it was a smallish black and white dog, it often escapes from its garden in Honor Oak Rise, I think, and roams around the area. There is a thread about it on the East Dulwich Forum if you want to know exactly where he comes from. If it was a brindle, staffie cross, it may have been our dog who my husband lost sight of briefly on One Tree Hill this morning, but who returned safely to him after 10 minutes.

boswell
16 Dec '18

Hi yes it was a brindle staffie cross looking dog so think it was yours - glad it returned safely!

Shantom
17 Dec '18

I have just seen a black dog (I couldn’t tell what breed in the dark) on the long path by Streatham and Marlborough Cricket Club / Dulwich Woods wandering around. Wouldn’t come near me. Had a red collar. SheilaRose is this your dog?

Shantom
17 Dec '18

Hi SheilaRose,

I have just seen a black dog (I couldn’t tell what breed in the dark) on the long path by Streatham and Marlborough Cricket Club / Dulwich Woods wandering around. Wouldn’t come near me. Had a red collar. SheilaRose is this your dog?

Sheilarose
17 Dec '18

No. My dog is sleeping on the sofa next to me. She wasn’t missing, just out of sight for 10 minutes. Thanks anyway. I hope the dog you saw finds its way home.