Archived on 6/5/2022

Loud Music in Forest Hil Sunday 12th Nov

DevonishForester
12 Nov '17

Is anyone else bothered by the racket? It’s been going on for a few hours. I haven’t been out yet to investigate the source. It sounds like it could be coming from somewhere near the Co-Op / Stanstead Road / Waldram Park Road.

Pauline
12 Nov '17

If it’s coming from behind the Co-Op try the first house on the corner when you go down the side Road after the Co-Op on Rockbourne Road.

When I lived on Rockbourne I was kept up a few nights, all night, with parties from that house & they were still going on when I went to work very tired the next day, and spilling onto the Street too at all hours of the morning!

DevonishForester
13 Nov '17

Very anti-social; do you know if anyone contacted Environmental Health?

starman
13 Nov '17

Aren’t they only open during business hours Monday through Friday?

Thewrongtrousers
14 Nov '17

I recently had reason to contact the council about a different kind of nuisance. I was told - and I quote:

‘you contact Lewisham main switchboard 0208-314-6000 and speak with the out of hours call Centre who should be able to get hold of an Environmental Health Officer.’

I was given the information too late for it to matter any more, but there it is for any who need it.

DevonishForester
15 Nov '17

That’s interesting, I was told they do not have any out-of-hours service at all. Perhaps a councillor could clarify for us?

starman
16 Nov '17

From the Lewisham website page on noise.

Londondrz
16 Nov '17

I had to call them last year and was told they don’t work on the weekends and to call the police. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thewrongtrousers
16 Nov '17

Well it seems as if they do not have an out of hours noise service. The nuisance I reported was someone had set fire to a load of rubbish in the back garden and it had cast a pall of smog over the neighbourhood. Perhaps its different for noise.

Londondrz
16 Nov '17

Ah, in that case it’s sprinkler time :slight_smile:

DevonishForester
20 Nov '17

Switching enforcement of noise nuisance from Police to Environmental Health is a failed experiment. You have to jump through too many hurdles before the EHO will do anything. Why should anyone have to establish a pattern of nuisance if their house is shaking from extreme volume? How many nights of sleeplessness is OK?

GillB
21 Nov '17

Isn’t that illegal?

DevonishForester
21 Nov '17

Please clarify, isn’t what illegal?

Londondrz
21 Nov '17

Setting fire to rubbish.

DevonishForester
22 Nov '17

Maybe one of our councillors or Environment Health Officers would like to chime in and expain what they will and will not deal with?

Thewrongtrousers
23 Nov '17

I expect it is illegal, it seems as if people just do whatever they like these days.

yves
17 Dec '17

We’re quite new to Forest Hill, love it so far except for the fact that there seems to be someone playing loud music (can hear the bass) all night from over by the Co-Op area…

Is anyone else still bothered by this? We can hear the bass every single night…