28 Jun '18

Love Island trivia:

• What’s Love Island?
  • Guilty Love Island fan
  • Shameless Love Island fan

0 voters

NigelA
28 Jun '18

Surely NHS trivia - how do they allow someone to be away for 8 weeks - I don’t even know what Love Island is but next time I spend a day googling power tools I don’t need and eating sausage rolls I’ll tell my wife I’m “ working flexibly “ as approved by the NHS .
I wonder if his manager agreed the absence or like in most public services, felt he couldn’t stop it without grievances and hashtaggery.

GillB
28 Jun '18

I wouldn’t waste my time watching Love Island as it is just another excuse to try & get famous, among other things…:wink: I only know this as they show excerpts on Good morning Britain from 6-8.30 am. Piers Morgan who co-hosts with Susannah Reid does his pieces every morning about young people wasting their talent going in there! Alex apparently did get the go-ahead to go in there to try & get a girlfriend (the mind boggles I know) & will be returning to A&E (providing of course if he doesn’t throw it all away for fame ha ha!)

LeeHC
29 Jun '18

The story states he is bank staff- so he presumably decided to not take any shifts for this time rather than taking ‘holiday’. It wont be paid either as bank staff are paid per shift, not salaried.

HOPcrossbun
2 Jul '18

Give the poor guy a break - he is an employee not a slave. Everyone should be entitled to take time out from their jobs if they want.

GillB
2 Jul '18

Yes agree, & some of the girls (not sure about the boys) are supposed to have really good jobs, but listening to them in GMB, you wouldn’t think so & they all look the same, so I think intelligent Alex just might be a bit disappointed :wink: