Archived on 6/5/2022

Mail and other deliveries

RachaelDunlop
2 Mar '18

How are we all doing for post? I have had none since Tuesday, despite the fact that all my other deliveries have carried on as normal.

starman
2 Mar '18

I think we had one on Wednesday. But nothing yesterday. Though that may be 'cause there was nothing.

Bolgerp
2 Mar '18

I was working from home on Wednesday and saw the postie walking along the street delivering as usual. Not sure about yesterday…

ChrisR
2 Mar '18

We definitely had post in Sunderland Road on Tuesday and yesterday, and I’m pretty sure we had post on Wednesday too.

GillB
2 Mar '18

I sent a letter to my daughter who lives in Crayford 1st class early Saturday morning & as of yesterday she still hadn’t got it :grimacing:

ChrisR
2 Mar '18

We’ve had post delivered on Sunderland Road again this morning but have also received an email from Royal Mail advising as follows:

The severe weather conditions affecting the country are continuing to disrupt Royal Mail’s services today.

Our mails distribution network was again disrupted by the wintry conditions; adversely affecting the movement of mail around the country, and the availability of mail for delivery today in many parts.

We’ll be out delivering and collecting mail today, but only in areas where access is possible and it’s safe for our people to do so.

We’re doing all we can to maintain services at a near-normal level and would like to apologise to customers whose mail deliveries and collections have been affected by the severe weather conditions.

Please check royalmail.com/serviceupdate for more details of the areas worst affected by the conditions.

Special Delivery Guarantee Suspended

We’re sorry that we are currently unable to guarantee next day delivery of Special Delivery items posted from Thursday 1 March 2018. We continue to accept and prioritise the delivery of Special Delivery items at this time and will reinstate the delivery guarantee as soon as we are confident we can meet this service promise for all customers. We’re really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Royal Mail Customer Services

RachaelDunlop
2 Mar '18

Hmm. The only explanation for my missing post is it must be coming from snow-bound places. Otherwise I can’t see why I’ve not had any.

Ryan
2 Mar '18

Our usual postie just delivered here on Stanstead Rd (Near Maplins)

anon30031319
2 Mar '18

Post as usual for us every day. Kudos to the posties.

RachaelDunlop
2 Mar '18

Got a bunch of post this morning. Obviously the best way to release the Mail Genie is to have a little moan about it online.

anon51837532
2 Mar '18

Interesting - had a delivery by DX from HMG scheduled for yesterday, secondary documents dispatched at same time via Royal Mail arrived precisely on-time.

Ok - bad weather day - so no delivery by DX.

Now DX want to delay delivery to 5 March - without explanation on four day deferral - but might guess that this is the next time-slot when they will have a courier in this postcode. So delivery arranged for their convenience and sod the customer’s needs.

I’m sure it’s been said before - treasure what we’ve got - it may be imperfect but it works a lot of the time.

rbmartin
3 Mar '18

Nothing since Tuesday. Was expecting post this morning as well.

anon30031319
3 Mar '18

Wow! What road? We have had daily here on Church Rise, as well as other deliveries.

rbmartin
3 Mar '18

10 mins after posting, I’ve had post!

RachaelDunlop
3 Mar '18

The mysterious magic power of the forum. :wink:

anon17648011
3 Mar '18

I don’t know if it’s pure coincidence or part of a worrying trend but I had a package disappear in the post over the past fortnight. It was sent second class and not recorded, but I had no notification of delivery attempt and none of my neighbours received it. It’s the first time in 4 years that something has gone missing but it’s coincided with what does appear to have been infrequent postal deliveries (and that began before the awful weather). Fortunately the company sending it has been good about it and dispatched a replacement by recorded delivery.

[I’m obviously hoping the magic of the forum strikes again!]