Archived on 6/5/2022

MEATliquor now open

ForestHull
8 Jul '21

Continuing the discussion from Dartmouth Arms to MeatLiquor:

According to their Instagram they are now open for walk-ins - no reservations until they have ‘bedded in’. TimeOut also have some (ad laden) coverage:

hurljy
8 Jul '21

We went there last night and had a great time! The burgers a delicious and they’ve done a great job with the refurb inside. Will definitely be back to try more of the menu!

RedChilli
11 Jul '21

We went today and the food was great!

The onion rings are the size of ring doughnuts and absolutely gorgeous. If having fries, get one portion for 2 adults, as the burgers were so big that we couldn’t eat all the fries.

We’ll definitely go back, as I want to test the rest of the veggie menu!

applespider
13 Jul '21

Nipped down tonight to test out our local and food was as good as ever. Service was a little bit slow but suspect they’re still getting up to speed with things and the team were very helpful and smiley so happy to forgive that.

Seemed pretty busy for a Tuesday evening - compared to other places that I wandered post.

Why had I never noticed the mouldings were hops and barley until they were painted black?

The black disco ball in the back bar…

My ‘go to’ order, Dead Hippie, Fries and Blue Cheese Dip.

The table next door had a Bacon Cheeseburger and OMG, did that bacon smell good. Might have to branch out at some point!

Welshcake
13 Jul '21

Bacon Cheeseburger is my go-to. Recommended! :yum:

Hogboy
14 Jul '21

Decent article in tonights Standard

Nivag
15 Jul '21

Decent lunch time offer
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRTzCcUnpU4/?utm_medium=copy_link

Google_News
10 Nov '21

Big Hospitality are reporting on the appointment of a new couple to the rooms of ‘Heads of Food’ at NEATliquor:

The couple are reportedly from Peckham’s Coal Rooms, and also behind the ‘Whole Beast’ pop-up from the same area

From the article it sounds like they have been tweaking the ‘core menu’ at MEATliquor for some time, but will now be bringing some changes and new items such as ‘Freeze Cakes’ desert, and some new mains.