Archived on 6/5/2022

Microphones/Speakers Shop

chrisdraper
9 Mar '17

Hello all!
Settling into Forest Hill and loving it :slight_smile:

I was just wondering if anybody knows a good shop that sells handheld radio mics (preferably Shure or Seinheisser) even if not in Forest Hill, but somewhere nearby? I just need to go to a shop for some advice! Xx

anon5422159
9 Mar '17

Glad you’re enjoying Forest Hill!

Have you tried Maplin on Stanstead Road? They do sell audio gear, although some of it is online-only. They’ve got an online stock checker.

chrisdraper
9 Mar '17

Oooh great! I didn’t realise there was one so close!! Thanks chris!!

Ed
9 Mar '17

There is a new DJ and studio equipment place that would probably have what you’re looking for. Conveniently, it’s a few doors down from Maplin…

Bolgerp
10 Mar '17

Maplin is my (not so guilty) guilty pleasure… it’s a mere 3 minute walk from my house… I frequently wander in just to peruse the aisles of stuff I don’t need… and conveniently next door to the garden centre. Also full of stuff I don’t need…

anon5422159
10 Mar '17

I’m so glad I am not the only person that does this. Have been doing it ever since my Dad and I used to work on little electronics projects when I was a kid.

Londondrz
10 Mar '17

I was in there on Tuesday, I am sure they think I am shop lifting. I just shuffle down the isles with a slightly happy look on my face. I did actually buy something though, a lovely pen style fiber glass contact cleaner.

Bolgerp
10 Mar '17

We need to set up a support group!! Which can meet in the Railway Telegraph…handily situated directly opposite Maplins.

starman
10 Mar '17

I can assure you all that for Paul the proximity of a the garden centre is only an excuse.

Londondrz
10 Mar '17

Lol! It’s a good one though.

Bolgerp
10 Mar '17

Hmmmm… it’s VERY quiet in the office today… maybe I’ll leave early and head home for some Maplin browsing…

Londondrz
10 Mar '17

Give me a yell, we can browse then beer and gossip about Starman!

chrisdraper
10 Mar '17

Oh dear…what have I started?!!

Bolgerp
10 Mar '17

Currently trying to decide if 13.30 departure is taking the proverbial…

Londondrz
10 Mar '17

It’s 2:30 in Europe. Seems fair to me.

starman
10 Mar '17

Sounds like a new format for SE23.life meetups.

simonk133
10 Mar '17

I am always delighted to be reminded that that Maplin is there, in a location which is quite odd on the face of it. Though I guess they get a fair amount of trade from the south circular.

Bolgerp
10 Mar '17

I guess it’s handy being near Topps Tiles, Shannons etc.