Archived on 6/5/2022

Missing a black cat? East Dulwich/Forest Hill

Jude123
18 Mar '18

I have taken in a black cat with a white patch on his chest.
He was wandering around the gardens on Lordship Lane Tile Giant end for 5 days meowing constantly. Very thin and was extremely hungry.
Took him in as it was snowing and cold. Seemed like he hadn’t eaten in days.
Anyone lost him? Or know who he may belong to?

Please contact me if you have any info

anon5422159
18 Mar '18

Hi @Jude123 - thanks for posting about this. If you could snap a photo and post, I’ll share this widely on our social media channels.

Jude123
18 Mar '18

Hi Chris thanks for your message.

I’m so unsure what to do here, he’s very thin, he has what looks like an infected cut under his eye and I think a tick on his tail. He just generally doesn’t look well cared for if at all.

Yes I will send a photo to you but unsure what to do in the mean time. Was thinking to take him to Celia Hammond for a check over, then bring him back to mine again for a few weeks in case someone gets in contact

What do you think? Advice would be appreciated

Thank you

anon5422159
18 Mar '18

I’d suggest taking him to a vet or Celia Hammond where they will a check for any ID chips which may reveal who the owner is.

If not Celia Hammond, the RSPCA may also be able to take him in given that he needs medical attention.

More advice here:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-missing-lost-found#found

It is very kind of you to take in and feed the cat. Best of luck.

Lydia_Brentnall
18 Mar '18

Hi. I am missing a cat. A girl though. Is it def a boy?! Trying to post a pic

Jude123
19 Mar '18

Hello Linda

Yes it is definitely a boy.

I hope you find your cat safe and well soon.

I have heard from a few others that posting a photo may result in people claiming him even if he isn’t theirs. So will wait for photos to be sent to me.

Judy

Jude123
19 Mar '18

Additionally, I took him to the vets yesterday. He does not have a microchip unfortunately.

RobA
19 Mar '18

Well done for taking him in, a lovely act. If you aren’t able to continue to care for him, I’d definitely suggest Celia Hammond. A bit further afield, but a wonderful charity who, even if you can’t take the cat to them, may give you helpful advice and help, is The Mayhew - https://www.themayhew.org/ They take in many cats and dogs, lots of whom need medical assistance.

Lydia_Brentnall
19 Mar '18

Thank you for replying! Shame it’s not mine but thanks for rescuing him :paw_prints: