Archived on 6/5/2022

Missing ginger cat [spotted in Kilmorie school, now home]

amyj
22 Aug '18

Our ginger cat is missing from Cranston Road since yesterday morning - it’s first time he’s ever not come home overnight.

His name is Stanley and he’s very friendly - prone to paying our neighbours a visit. He’s micro-chipped, short haired, no collar.

He usually roams around Cranston Road, Kilmorie Road, Vancouver, Elsinore etc.

Please keep an eye out, check any sheds etc. Let me know if there’s any sightings!

anon5422159
22 Aug '18

Hi @amyj, sorry to hear about Stanley. I have shared on the SE23.life social channels and hope he returns soon.

amyj
22 Aug '18

Thank you so much. Hope we find him soon.

LeeHC
22 Aug '18

I saw a similar looking cat last night about 10.15pm on the corner of Treviso and Farren Road.
It was dark though so I’m afraid I can’t be sure it was your cat…

amyj
23 Aug '18

Hi Chris, the notice on the SE23.life facebook page appears to have dropped off. Lots of local people I know had shared your Facebook page so this has now dropped off too. Do you know what might have happened? Thanks, Amy

amyj
23 Aug '18

Thanks Lee. We looked around there, but will look again tonight - no luck so far. Amy

anon5422159
23 Aug '18

Hi Amy,

When I click one of the notifications about this post on my notifications menu, I get this message:

Unfortunately I don’t know any more than you do :slightly_frowning_face:

Facebook is sometimes buggy for page owners. One of my pages inexplicably disappeared from my app completely for several days and I was worried it had been hacked. Then, as if nothing had happened it re-appeared.

I’ve checked on Twitter and there are a lot of people complaining about Facebook’s new algorithm changes, which have removed legitimate posts.

I’ll contact them, although trying to get support from a big organisation like FB is unlikely to yield any answers unfortunately.

GeorginaA
23 Aug '18

Hi, you’ve probably had all the usual advice, but when my sister’s cat went missing recently (and found), she was advised to put clothes outside which smelt of her and obviously knock on doors of everyone to ask them to check sheds. That’s the usual culprit. Fingers crossed Stanley shows up soon and will keep an eye out for him.

anon5422159
23 Aug '18

Looks like it’s back again:

Lots of shares:

Ben_Yau
23 Aug '18

Hi, there’s a ginger cat that roams around my street in Peckham. I’ve put a paper collar around him with my number on it in case he belongs to anyone. He doesn’t look quite the same but posting pictures just in case

amyj
24 Aug '18

Thanks Chris - it’s back up now :slight_smile:

amyj
24 Aug '18

Thanks Georgina - yes put some things outside that smell of Stanley and been knocking in all the houses that back onto ours. Really hoping he makes an appearance soon

amyj
24 Aug '18

Thanks Ben. He looks similar to our cat but Stanley doesn’t have a white belly and his paws are a different colour so think he must belong to someone else.

anon5422159
27 Aug '18
RachaelDunlop
27 Aug '18

Is there a sign outside the school naming whatever company monitors their security and alarms? There will usually be an emergency phone number there, and that company will either be keyholders or will be able to contact the keyholders.

anon5422159
27 Aug '18
amyj
27 Aug '18

Thanks all. Security company is on their way.

anon5422159
27 Aug '18
MackemJo
27 Aug '18

I am so happy about this! I love a very happy ending to these situations but this takes the (cat) biscuit. Stanley you are a lucky man! So relieved :blush:

Nadia
27 Aug '18

Amazing! I was thinking about Stanley all weekend in the rain… so happy this ends well :slight_smile:

Ruth_L
27 Aug '18

What a great end to this story. So glad Stanley is back home.

amyj
27 Aug '18

@MackemJo @Nadia @Ruth_L thanks so much - we are so happy to have him home. He has been enjoying a good belly rub and some well deserved food.

MackemJo
27 Aug '18

This has absolutely warmed my heart! I know how I’d feel if mine was lost so I hope Stanley (and you!) recover quickly :heart:

RachaelDunlop
28 Aug '18

So glad he’s home. Kudos to whoever spotted him in the school!