Archived on 6/5/2022

Missing/Nicked Recycling Bin

Bolgerp
21 Dec '16

First world problem alert…

So it would seem our very clearly labelled with our door number recycling bin has gone walkies. Put it out late last night along with the black bin. Left the house around lunchtime today. Only the black bin remains. I have checked all the neighbouring houses in case the bin men left it somewhere else (although that has never happened before) but it’s gone!

Poof!

Perhaps a neighbour has brought it in somewhere by mistake (one can only hope)…

Has anyone else ever had their bin nicked around Sunderland Road? It’s rather annoying as a) it’c coming up to Christmas and we will have a lot of recycling and b) there’s a 4 week lead time for a new bin as they don’t have any stock.

RachaelDunlop
21 Dec '16

If you’re on Twitter, the Lewisham Environment team are very responsive @envirolewisham. It IS annoying. I’ve never had a bin go missing, but have found it far up the street sometimes as the refuse collectors often top up half-full bins from ones that are overflowing and move them around to do it.

starman
21 Dec '16

If returned I promise not to burn the perpetrator.

Bolgerp
21 Dec '16

Thanks Rachael.

Bolgerp
21 Dec '16

Recycling Bin drama RESOLVED.

I found it hidden away/tidied away in the front garden a few doors away… it’s not as if they couldn’t have seen the HUGE white stickers with our door number on them… perhaps they’ve been at the Christmas Sherry already! Speaking of which…

AndyS
21 Dec '16

That’s a shame. Ever since the Forest Hill Library crowdfunder hit its target, I’ve been missing the thrill of checking in every hour to see how the drama is progressing. The Case of the Missing Wheelie-Bin was solved much too quickly!!!

starman
21 Dec '16

I’m confident the fly tipping drama on the corner of Sunderland Road and South Circular will being again.

AndyS
21 Dec '16

I am rather pinning all my hopes on that, yes. Hopefully the arrival of new Christmas presents will mean the ejection of old junk.

Londondrz
22 Dec '16

Ours went bye bye about a year ago, took six months to get another.