Archived on 6/5/2022

Moving within SE23/26: boxes and van wanted

Philippe
1 Jul '18

Hello, we’re moving house within the area in July and are looking for boxes and moving service.

Any recommendations? Boxes giveaway?

Thanks

anon5422159
28 Jul '18

We just moved out, and used Extra Mile Vans, based in Bovill Road.

https://www.extramilevans.co.uk/contact

Earl and Nathan were brilliant - arrived on time, had a really good attitude and treated us and our stuff well. Good price too. We were all done (packed, transported and unpacked in Tunbridge Wells) in five hours.

topofthehill
28 Jul '18

I don’t know where to out this, but just to wish you both the very best in Tunbridge Wells.

It was so good to meet you and othe forumites at your first meet up at the All Inn One. Your friendliness and consideration after my long and life threatening illness had much to do with my recuperation.

Thank you.

KatM
9 Nov '18

Hello, we’re brand new to the area but wanted to add our recommendation for our removal firm, And Move, who we used for our move from Peckham to Forest Hill. Pavel gave us a competitive quote and we were really impressed with the speed and clarity of his answers to all of our questions.

On the day of the move Pavel and the team arrived right on time, and were professional and friendly.

When we arrived at our new home we discovered that the previous owners were still loading up their van, and were not ready for us to move in. The And Move guys didn’t stress about this and they were very reassuring that it was not a problem. After a short delay we were ready to get moving in and everything was brought into the new house, even faster than it was moved out of the old one. The team took time to ask where everything needed to go, and were very careful with all of our things.

We would recommend And Move to anyone looking for a removals firm.

Tom_Walker
24 May '20

Another strong recommendation for Extra Mile Vans. We used them today to move the contents of our flat to Southend, and Earl was fantastic. We were done in 4.5 hours, and everything went very smoothly. Good price too. (Thanks to @anon5422159 and se23.life for the recommendation!)

paufergu
24 May '20

Ive got a few unused boxes you are welcome to

Paul_R
1 Dec '19

Have used Aussie Man and Van a couple of times, good service with insurance.

Jill_Tytherleigh
17 Aug '20

Hi,

Has anyone used a good local home removals company? Need two people and a van for flat move.

clausy
17 Aug '20

Consolidated this into an existing thread. #housekeeping

Dom_Mo
17 Aug '20

Hey Jill,

http://www.whitevangentlemen.com/ are absolutely fantastic - probably not the cheapest option but they’ll take care of everything.

Have used them both for personal moves and as emergency cover when logistics providers have let me down at work, always happy with the job they do.

Jill_Tytherleigh
18 Aug '20

@Dom_Mo really good to know thank you.

appletree
21 Aug '20

We have some used boxes.

Sian
21 Aug '20

Hi there, assuming the OP doesn’t need them now, I’d love to come and take them off your hands for our move! Thanks!

anon42599523
21 Aug '20

Hi Jill,

We had a flood in our flat, which was really stressful. So we had to be completed packed and moved out, and then re-packed and moved back in months later. Both times were done by Robinsons. The guys were great. On time, professional. I really recommend. (we also had a few large pieces put into their storage as well while refurb was going on).

Good luck with the move.

Jill_Tytherleigh
21 Aug '20

Thanks Ariell really good to know.

Sgc
5 Jan '21

Also used Extra Miles van company as based locally. I had 1 week between exchange and completion in the run up to Christmas but they answered the call and were able to fit me. Did a video of my flat so they could assess contents and provide a quote. On the day arrived bang on time and I was told to just relax and not lift a finger which I followed. Overall the move took much longer than the initial quote but I had asked for 2 beds, wardrobe and kallax shelf to be taken apart and then reassembled. Had to pay for additional time but they didn’t stop so certainly not slacking and I perhaps have too much stuff. Overall a great experience, would just say check/challenge the time frame so you know the overall cost better.

bigmacca1
14 Oct '21

Hello, Can anyone recommend a local removers in the SE23 area, Moving within the postcode .

Just need a sensibly price for a local job, some of the quotes from the bigger companies are scary??

Thanks

NewtoSE
21 Sep '20

I used these guys. Really good value and great service.

natalieh101
15 Oct '21

We used Extra mile over the summer and they went absolutely above and beyond to move us on the last day of the stamp duty deadline: https://www.extramilevans.co.uk/

The team were great on the day so wouldn’t hesitate to recommend - and they’re local