Mural outside Honor Oak Station

anon5422159
4 Jul '19

What a brilliant initiative:

Twitter
5 Jul '19
Meadow
5 Jul '19

That’s brilliant. I had a look on my way to work yesterday. I look forward to seeing the finished article on Sunday.

oakr
6 Jul '19

I saw the kids doing this and have seen it finished. A brilliant idea, looks great now and well done to the children and the adults who organised it.

CHfigaro
7 Jul '19

Great idea and a fantastic result!

Let’s now just hope that this doesn’t get ruined by some “cool” kids with aerosol cans.

Yoms
7 Jul '19

The Honor Oak Art Wall project will feature work by young local artists, and commissioned pieces in rotation. Huge props to Shiree and the Art Collective KidZ for launching the space. It’s been a longtime coming and we thank the team at Arriva for giving us the opportunity to bring a spot of colour to our neighbourhood.

Austen_Jones
7 Jul '19

I know for a fact that the ‘Friends’ of Blythe Hill Fields’ [the volunteer park user group which organised today’s Blythe Hill Festival - 7th July 2019] had to reconsider a proposal to engage a professional mural artist to decorate the grey, concrete panelled/tunnelled entrance to the park from Montacute Road on the basis of cost and their park survey of Festival goers in 2018 had the mural option pipped by a first choice to replace park signage [unfortunately not delivered in time for this year’s Festival].

Anyway, it seems a great idea that if ‘Art Collective Kidz’ want to find a new project close to this one to Honor Oak Station, which will also help out the Friends of Blythe Hill Fields to deliver on one of their park improvement project, then this should fit a ‘win win’ situation with a likelihood for a fully funded project to benefit all park users of Blythe Hill Fields.

The contact for their group is secretary@blythehillfields.org.uk