Archived on 6/5/2022

My IPad was stolen from my shop yesterday, anyone got a secondhand one for sale

Pauline
4 Nov '17

Hi All

My IPAD was stolen from my shop yesterday & I feel like I’ve lost my right arm.

I’m struggling using a laptop as I’m just not used to it & everything is taking me ages to do without it.

I don’t want to claim on my insurance as it will probably push up the premiums for other shops aswell as mine.

So does anyone have an IPAD or IPAD mini (preferably as thats what I’m used to) they want to sell now the pro has come out?

Yes, I am IT illiterate but I did have it backed up on ICLOUD so have saved most of my data, photos etc, thank goodness.

This post alone has taken me about 20 mins to compose rather than about a minute on my IPAD, so if anyone has one they want to sell please let me know. I also don’t know how to see my post before I send it as I can’t work it out on a laptop. Doh!

Paradise
4 Nov '17

Hi Pauline, my other half has DM’d you on twitter, though not sure if you can see it via laptop if you’re finding it difficult to use. She has an iPad you can have FOC, will pop into the shop tomorrow. Us Dennistounians and Forest Hillbillys stick together!!

Pauline
4 Nov '17

Thank you so much, No I can’t check.

Thank you so so so much, please let me know how I can help you guys back.

Thank you so much, much appreciated.

WOW, I owe you a massive favour

Pauline
4 Nov '17

You have seriously brought a tear to my eye, i felt so exploited and violated & you have put a smile on my face. Thank You

Pauline
4 Nov '17

I can’t take anything for free, so please let me pay a little or at least make you guys up a small sweetie hamper.

massive thank you again, but I would like to give something back please.

anon51837532
5 Nov '17

Pauline

Sorry to hear about the theft.

Did you by any chance have the device tracker switched on the iPad?

If you did, the device’s location can be identified (let us assume you did and the thief can save themselves some trouble and return it to you before they are tracked down).

I will be able to help you out mid-week if you need technical assistance.

Pauline
5 Nov '17

As soon as I realised it was stolen I went straight to the library to block the device & l was able to put in that it had been stolen & also able to write a message for it to be returned to my shop or the library.

Thank you so much for offering to help, @gulam05 helped me today to get back all my backed up stuff from my IPad that was stolen after @Paradise lovely partner Sonia kindly gave me an IPad this morning.

@Paradise please let me know when you guys want to pick up your Christmas Sweetie hamper & TYSM again :slight_smile: