Archived on 6/5/2022

Mysterious bright lights?

Beige
21 Jan '20

I just looked out my window (at 8pm) and saw these very bright lights in the distance. They are no longer visible (at 8:20pm). In my photo the Crystal Palace transmitter and Apostles church are visible. I have marked them roughly on a map (below). Does anyone know where they are coming from?

Twitter
21 Jan '20

https://twitter.com/dulwichhamletfc/status/1219718330174660609?s=21

Beige
21 Jan '20

I don’t think so - wrong direction and wrong side of “forest hill” elevation. Also looks like you are hosting Havant atm and the lights are no longer visible. My first thoughts were Crystal Palace, but I don’t think it’s them either

Andrea_James
21 Jan '20

They are filming at one of the houses on Radlet Avenue so it’s a lighting rig

Beige
21 Jan '20

wow, that sounds like it!

starman
21 Jan '20

Alien invasion obvs. I’ll be closing the shelter in 20 minutes.

Billie
21 Jan '20

Would love to think “The truth is out there”. Shame about the mundane footie.

Beige
22 Jan '20

My guess was something like this in front of the job centre

Lola_huckleberry
10 Jan '21

We live by the Horniman drive and have seen this light often! It’s really bright and lights up the sky so much that it catches our attention even when we are not looking out the window. Anyone know what this is? Looks like it’s coming from near Sainsbury’s

Beige
10 Jan '21

The one in my photo was

Lola_huckleberry
10 Jan '21

I work in film, and no lighting rig commonly used filming at night in residential would cause the kind of bright light we can see. It’s the same as the photo you took

Beige
10 Jan '21

So are you saying that the answer to my photo is incorrect? and the light you see now (a year later) is in the same location as my photo?

Lola_huckleberry
10 Jan '21

Looks very similar to where we are seeing it yes

Beige
10 Jan '21

Someone might know. I’d be really interested to see a photo if you get the chance.

Lola_huckleberry
10 Jan '21

Will try to take a photo, it seems regular at the moment. Very very bright.