Archived on 6/5/2022

New Athletics class for kids - market research:

miniathleticSELondon
22 Feb '18

New Athletics class for kids - market research:

I am setting up a new class for 2-7 year olds called Mini-Athletics. It is focused on developing children’s athleticism through a play-based but structured 45 min class. We focus on improving the key principles of movement- run, jump n throw - as well develop social and cognitive skills. And have loads of fun at the same time!

There are 3 age groups 2-3.5 year olds, 3.5-5 year olds and 5-7 year olds. We will be running classes on Saturday mornings across SE London starting in Forest Hill and East Dulwich after Easter. And planning to run them all year round. But would like to also offer mid-week classes if there was interest?

My query is, if we offered mid-week classes what days and times would you and your little ones most prefer?

For the 5-7 year olds in term time this would have to be after school say 15:45-16:30? But how about the younger age groups? It would be great to hear your preferences so we can schedule classes when you want them.

You can find out more about Mini Athletics here [http://www.miniathletics.com/]

mrcee
23 Feb '18

Hi I would be very interested in this for my 5yr old and 2.5yr old however ideally Sunday morning’s would work better (very personal opinion however I assume some others are in the same place) as they are pretty much maxed out on Saturday mornings and hardly any activities around to do on a Sunday morning.

divya_m
23 Feb '18

Would definitely be interested in the Saturday morning classes, but not the mid-week one.

Dave
23 Feb '18

Unless you’re practically doing it at the school gates, I’d say 15:45 is too early. We have a child at Kimorie and a class at FH Pools at 16:00 is just about doable.

miniathleticSELondon
23 Feb '18

Many thanks for the feedback - I have been wondering if Sunday mornings would be popular or if parents would prefer a day off from clubs and activities but can definitely see the advantage of not competing with other classes going on at the same time

miniathleticSELondon
23 Feb '18

Great thanks - I’ll let you know once the Saturday timetable is confirmed

miniathleticSELondon
23 Feb '18

Thanks Dave - that is good to know. Other parents have said a similar thing that 4 or even 4:15 would be preferable to give kids a chance to catch their breath after school before the class.