Archived on 6/5/2022

Horniman Butterfly House - Members Preview 12-13th August [sold out]

SE23.life
9 Feb '17

Update: Members preview opening on August 12-13th - see post below. [SOLD OUT]

http://www.horniman.ac.uk/get_involved/news/horniman-butterfly-house

Foresthillnick
9 Feb '17

Ever since they opened one up in my old town I have been looking forward to visiting another one.
Time for the macro lens to come out of hiding…

Londondrz
9 Feb '17

Brilliant, the last one I went in was in Plettenberg Bay in South Africa. Eldest daughter was just at the crawling stage and a large butterfly landed on her face. The scream still resonates. :dizzy_face:

Something very peaceful about them. Maybe we should have a Politico’s meet in there?

starman
9 Feb '17

Thanks for the post. I love butterfly houses. Favourite to date though was the recreation of Damien Hirst’s “In and Out of Love” installation recreated for the Hirst retrospective at the Tate Modern. Very cool in context of an art exhibition in the centre of the Tate.

anon5422159
31 Mar '17
anon5422159
4 Apr '17
anon5422159
3 Aug '17

UPDATE: This is now sold out due to high demand

Booking information [Update - sold out]

Members and Benefactors can book the following ticket types:

• Individuals Memberships - please book one ticket
  • Member + Guest Membership - please book up to two tickets
  • Family Membership - please book up to five tickets
  • Benefactors - please book up to five tickets

Please ensure you are arrive within your 15 minute ticket slot. Children must be accompanied by an adult.

About this event

Members and Benefactors can get up close with hundreds of beautiful butterflies in this special preview opening days.

The specially-planted habitat is the perfect place to experience butterflies free-flying all around you and to discover amazing facts about the life-cycle and behaviour of these fascinating creatures.
Tickets and time slots

Tickets are free, but you need to book a timed entry slot for the Butterfly House, as there is limited capacity inside. There are entry slots every 15 minutes from 10am until 4.30pm with last admission. The Butterfly House will close at 5pm.

You will need to enter during your 15 minute time slot, however you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Butterfly House as long as you wish once inside.

Advance booking is recommended as you may not be able to get a ticket for your preferred time slot on the day. Advance booking closes at 12pm the day before.

You will need to show your etickets which will be sent to you by email (either on your mobile device or printed) as well as your member or benefactor card on entry.