Archived on 6/5/2022

New shop next to Superdrug (formerly Money Shop)

armadillo
8 Oct '18

Looks like there’s a new tenant moving into old money shop next to Superdrug. Anyone able to share any info to satisfy my rampant curiosity?

Martine78
4 Oct '18

The old Money Shop on London Road is going to be a Nail Shop and Il Mirto on Dartmouth Road is going to be a Chinese Fusion Restaurant

anon5422159
4 Oct '18

Hi Martine and welcome :+1:

More on the former Il Mirto here: Il Mirto [Closed in August 2018]

Interesting news about the Money Shop. Seems to be an insatiable demand for nail salons in SE23!

anon5422159
8 Oct '18

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Il Mirto [Closed in August 2018]

maxrocks
5 Oct '18

A Nail shop??? I mean really?
Like we need another nailbar???
It would have been a lovely spot for a greengrocers or bakers and more use to most of the local community
:-1::-1:

Anotherjohn
5 Oct '18

Hear, hear!

I really feel for Kelly, who’s been in Forest Hill through all of its ups and downs since 2001, because she must thinking there’s some kind of conspiracy against her with so many other nailbars opening here over the past 5 years.

By the way, you know how much Forest Hill is crying out for another hair salon… Well you might not have to wait too much longer if the rumour that one is taking over from Hamiltons the Jewellers is true.

Pauline
5 Oct '18

Oh hold me back. I can’t wait for another nail bar & hairdresser as I use both regularly NOT!

God help us :cry::cry:

starman
5 Oct '18

Which one is Kelly’s. My cuticles need attention and the long termer might as well get my business.

Pauline
6 Oct '18

Pop by & I’ll point you in the right direction Jason, it’s just a few shops down from me and has been there a lot longer than me x

Anotherjohn
6 Oct '18

That’s so good of you - and I know Kelly will really appreciate the sentiment.

It’s the pink shop at No.51a - about 1/2 way between Aga’s and Sugar Mountain.

anon5422159
8 Oct '18

I have merged two topics

Daniel
10 Oct '18

Although to be fair an open shop is better than boarded up windows and if they’re good there should be room for both to thrive.
So far they’ve been a tidy neighbour, which counts for a lot given the flytipping on that corner.
Interestingly, the former santander opposite is under offer. We await the news on what that will be!

maxrocks
11 Oct '18

probably a hairdresser…:smirk:

se23blue
11 Oct '18

A Nail Bar, as stated at the start of topic.

willmorgan
12 Oct '18

All great money laundering fronts… sigh.

maggie2016
26 Feb '19

Wyy cant we get a shop like pound shop. Or iceland would bd better as coop. Sainsbury are getting very expensive