Archived on 6/5/2022

No Overground or Southern services between New Cross Gate and Crystal Palace/East & West Croydon on Sunday

ChrisR
11 Nov '21

Rail replacement bus services calling at all stations between New Cross Gate and West Croydon except Penge West but additionally at Crystal Palace and Selhurst are scheduled to operate in both directions as follows:

From Forest Hill towards New Cross Gate: every 10 minutes from 0630 to 0020 (5 minutes later from Honor Oak Park)

From Forest Hill towards West Croydon every 10 minutes from 0653 to 0003 then 0023 (5 minutes earlier from Honor Oak Park)

From New Cross Gate towards Forest Hill every 10 minutes from 0640 to 2350 then 0010

BUS STOPS FOR REPLACEMENT BUS SERVICES
For stations towards New Cross Gate the buses will use Bus Stop E on Dartmouth Road (by Stanford Estates where 122 stops) and bus stop HB on Honor Oak Park

For stations towards West Croydon the buses will use bus stop B in London Road (by the Guava Kitchen) and bus stop HA on Honor Oak Park

From New Cross Gate the buses will use bus stop R in New Cross Road

NewtoSE
11 Nov '21

Seems the Thames link trains that go through FH are down on Sunday 14th. So perhaps our services have been sacrificed for maintenance on the tracks that the fast trains use.

This whole track is such a mess!

ChrisR
12 Nov '21

National Rail are showing the work taking place between Brockley and Honor Oak Park.

system
14 Nov '21
DevonishForester
14 Nov '21

There must be different ways of dealing with track maintenance. It isn’t just our service that suffers, many services are cancelled at weekends, especially Sundays.

If the maintenance is largely that - maintenance, and not emergency work - instead of having lots of small teams working on small sections of different routes, couldn’t they have larger teams working on longer sections of fewer routes, so that fewer services have to be cancelled at any time?

Flora_Noris
14 Nov '21

Funny you should mention that, today’s works have the line in engineering possession from Bricklayer’s Arms Jn (well north of NXG) all the way to Selhurst depot, with lots of different teams working on different aspects along the route. I think allocating a shorter period and closing off a larger section with many teams doing their thing, instead of a small team doing it over many weekends would be much easier for public to accept.

Audrey_Finch
14 Nov '21

I’m confused. Are Southern Trains from FH to New Cross still running? They’re showing as such

ChrisR
14 Nov '21

@Audrey_Finch Our Southern services (and London Overground) go to New Cross Gate not New Cross and they’re definitely not running today. I’ve just checked Southern’s phone app and it clearly states “There are no train services at this station on Sunday 14 November because of engineering work”. Where are you looking that shows they’re running?

maxrocks
14 Nov '21

just grateful I’m not having to work today!

Audrey_Finch
14 Nov '21

@ChrisR Citymapper and Google Maps. Also the Southern website showed a route but it was quite discreet that it was a rail replacement, which I later noticed.