Archived on 6/5/2022

No parking spaces opposition FH Library

Poppet21
23 Jun '18

Where have all the parking spaces gone on the pavement outside Forest Hill Lodge, opposite the library? I’ve only just noticed it, as it appears there are now loads of spaces for bicycles. I must admit it does look tidier, then seeing those cars on the pavement outside the lodge. It also solves the problem of lack of bicycle space at the library.

Andy
23 Jun '18

I believe that there was no option to keep them and to also obey current regulations for pavement redesign (as the cars had to cross the pavement to park), so they had to go.

Pauline
23 Jun '18

Only a few residents used these free spaces, it was mainly used by local teachers and train commuters.

They should use public transport I think.

maggie2016
23 Jun '18

Wow so we bee more places to park the cars then so where the portakabin are on standstead road when don’t they make that into a carpark for customer of fh

EmmaJ
24 Jun '18

They should use public transport but they have just moved to the streets behind the library. You now have to go to the top of Thorpewood or Radlet before you see any spaces. Derby Hill Crescent residents have reacted to the car park outside their properties by turning all their gardens into car parks. It is a shame that we have let cars destroy a lot of the greenery on these streets removing some character with it.