Archived on 6/5/2022

No trains from Forest Hill station 14/15 Sep 2019

Bolgerp
13 Sep '19

Looks like no train service this weekend… joy…

Buses replace trains between New Cross Gate and Crystal Palace / West Croydon on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September

Date:
14 September - 15 September 2019 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
London Overground - Between Highbury & Islington and Crystal Palace / West Croydon Southern - Between London Bridge and Caterham / Crystal Palace / London Victoria / Coulsdon Town

Engineering work is taking place between London Bridge and Norwood Junction via Sydenham, closing various lines.

London Overground

No London Overground trains will run between New Cross Gate and West Croydon / Crystal Palace. Customers should use Southern replacement buses to complete your journey.

Southern

Buses will replace trains between New Cross Gate and West Croydon which will call at all stations via Sydenham and Crystal Palace.

Check before you travel:

You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner

You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages

Replacement Bus Travel Advice:

Bicycles are not allowed on rail replacement bus services at any time, unless fully folded. More travel advice for your replacement bus journey is available by selecting the Train Operating Company you are travelling with here.

ForestHull
13 Sep '19

Ah - so that will be why there’s a ton of excavators and diggers in the car park opposite the All Inn One then…

maxrocks
13 Sep '19

Its a nightmare for west end shop workers like me…I’m going to have a fun journey tomorrow…about 90 mins to get to work :angry:

Sherwood
13 Sep '19

I think trains will be running from Catford Bridge. I think the notice said trains will not be going to Cannon Street on Sunday.

oakr
13 Sep '19

Looks like trains are running from Crofton Park also to Blackfriars or Elephant and Castle. 171, 172 and 122 take you to Crofton Park I think (definitely 171).

Good luck!

Sherwood
14 Sep '19

The 122 will definitely take you to Crofton Park.

The 185 will take you to the junction with Brockley Rise where you can wait for the 122 or walk round the corner to also wait for the 171 going north. You can change for the underground at Elephant & Castle.

ChrisR
14 Sep '19

Anyone taking buses to Crofton Park I would suggest checking with the driver it is stopping at Crofton Park Station as there are roadworks taking place on that stretch of Brockley Rd. Coming back from Lewisham to Forest Hill yesterday afternoon the bus didn’t stop at Crofton Park Station stop as the stop was closed although the next stop opposite the Brockley Jack isn’t too much further down. But I didn’t get the 122 on my outbound journey so I don’t know if the stop in that direction is closed as well.

GillB
16 Sep '19

Stops in both sides coming up to Crofton Park are closed at the moment.

ChrisR
16 Sep '19

Thanks

Forethugel
17 Sep '19

When I’ve used Honor Oak Park station this morning I’ve noticed they’ve replaced the track on the London bound platform. I think they’ve done a great job of lowering the track at the same time, so where there was quite a large gap before it’s now much smaller. Especially those with buggies or suitcases with notice the difference!