Archived on 6/5/2022

No trains tonight beyond New Cross Gate

maxrocks
28 Sep '20

Just a heads up!
I’ve just found myself being notified at London Bridge that the service is suspended beyond New X Gate. This goes for Overground too.
Only way back to forest hill is new cross gate then busses.
Reason given is emergency engineering works.
Which makes me wonder what they were doing all weekend?

Polly_Martin
28 Sep '20

You can also get on the trains to Coulsdon Town, get off at Sydenham, and then change platforms there and go back on yourself. That’s what I’ve had to do, yawn. Something happened on the line at Brockley which means Brockley, Honor Oak and Forest Hill have no southbound trains.

Swagger
28 Sep '20

The 171 bus passes through New Cross. Takes you to Stanstead Rd down Brockley Rise.

ChrisR
28 Sep '20

@maxrocks
Southern on Twitter are saying:

So there should be a service that stops at Sydenham where you can change onto the other platform and come back to Forest Hill or get a bus from Sydenham which should be quicker than a bus/buses from New Cross Gate.

NewtoSE
28 Sep '20

Oh you have got be joking, you poor thing I hope it does not take you too much longer to get back home. I hope it is all back up and running tomorrow morning as I need to be North of the river early on in the morning.

Yes it really does make me wonder what they were doing all weekend.
Why is that that transport providers in other parts of London can manage to provide a decent service? Even during these uncertain times.

Polly_Martin
28 Sep '20

The best thing is that the train actually stopped on the platform at Forest Hill for a couple of minutes but didn’t let us out :+1:

NewtoSE
28 Sep '20

Southern and the Overground - do they hate Forest Hill or something!!

maxrocks
28 Sep '20

Oh nooooooo! I would have lost my #%!
Let’s hope they’re running ok tomorrow morning :crossed_fingers:t2:

Sherwood
28 Sep '20

Or walk to New Cross (about a ten minute walk) and catch the train to Catford Bridge. Then take the 185 bus to Forest Hill.

Rosered
28 Sep '20

Presumably they spent the weekend breaking it and now they have to fix it. Just what people don’t need right now. Sigh.