Archived on 6/5/2022

No41. Coffee & Kitchen Updates! (2016)

No41Coffee
14 Jun '16

Hi All,

We have seen lots of comments and we are extremely happy that this has been discussed on the forum regularly.

I can confirm the long awaited No41 will be opening on Saturday 18th June from 9am till 5pm.

Please come along and try our Monmouth roasted coffee and our Tea-pigs tea, you will not be disappointed. If you are hungry why not grab a bite to eat? Everything is made freshly on a daily basis in our kitchen, especially our scrumptious Mediterranean breakfast.

Or even better? Why not pop down on Sunday and treat your dad to a fathers day breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Many Thanks,

No.41 Coffee & Kitchen

thirstforwine
16 Jun '16

I see the title says 7th June but the body says 18th - so I assume it is this Saturday?

I will be around the corner at the Dalmain School Summer Fair in the afternoon so will definitely try to come for a proper coffee at some stage.

Thanks

No41Coffee
16 Jun '16

Yes the original date was 7th but we have moved to the 18th I have updated for clarification.

Yes please pop down and please provide feedback - just ask for me Tolga :slight_smile:

Thanks

anon5422159
18 Jun '16

I enjoyed meeting Tolga today at the shop and happy to say they serve a really good flat white. Thanks for helping me out when I dropped all my keys and coins over the floor!

Love the decor, and the friendly staff, who seem genuinely interested in meeting their customers and making sure they’re enjoying the food and drinks. Great job, guys.

DickWynne
18 Jun '16

Steve and I ordered at the counter where we somehow missed any indication cooked food can be had – we realised it only when we saw someone else being served a great-looking breakfast as we tucked into just very good coffee and buns. But we’ll know next time, and we too liked the uncluttered style and the very friendly service :blush:

anon5422159
20 Jun '16

Tried one of @No41Coffee’s muffins today - absolutely sublime. Good to meet more of the staff too, a really friendly bunch, very sincere about engaging with customers.

system
20 Jun '16

:white_check_mark: this is an approved commercial post

Many thanks Tolga, and best of luck with your great new business.

joerobot
21 Jun '16

Looking forward to popping round soon, just around the corner. I’ll be wearing my best former-head-barista judgey face >> :unamused:

:grin: Promise I’m nice really.

@No41Coffee, do you allow really cute nicely behaved puppies inside?

Daffodil
22 Jun '16

Popped in today and had a very nice coffee and muffin. I like the look of the menu - English Breakfasts with some Mediterranean twists!

system
6 Jul '16

You can now get your profile verified in @No41Coffee! Just pop in and speak to Tolga or one of his friendly staff.

Alternatively, for those in Forest Hill, pop in to see @Pauline in Sugar Mountain (57 Dartmouth Road)

theonlywayisSE6
7 Jul '16

For us Blythe Hill SE6 folk this cafe is only a ten
minute stroll so a touch further than My Jamii Cafe. I recently ate possibly the best granola I’ve ever had. It really was excellent - a large portion with a welcome ratio of granola:Greek yoghurt (lots of granola) and a variety of fruit. The coffee is well brewed and strong but more like a filter coffee than a machine coffee, if that makes sense. Perhaps it needs to be a bit fuller/creamier but not weaker. I’ve also tried a croissant (very good) and a chicken and avocado sandwich (also very good for a light lunch). The whole menu is promising and I’m very keen to try more. The cafe has an on trend industrial style which is slightly let down by the bulky tables and chairs that are crammed in. There’s only one armchair so you can’t quite relax if you just want a drink. Nothing that can’t be fine tuned once the clientele is established. In all a welcome addition to the area. Try the granola!

No41Coffee
8 Jul '16

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed the granola !

In regards to our coffee this is all machine made we haven’t started offering filtered coffee as of yet. We also use Monmouths espresso blend which is a heavier toned and full bodied coffee, if you would like it more milky next time please just ask one of our Barista’s for a wet latte which will be more milky.

We are also a kitchen so seating is necessary however, we will still take these comments on board - look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,
No41. Coffee

anon5422159
11 Jul '16

Say hello to “The Bertie”

Delicious! :+1:

No41Coffee
21 Aug '16

Hi All,

We’ve been open for a few months now so heres a small update from No41. Coffee & Kitchen down at Brockley Rise.

Summer specials @No41. Coffee

• Fresh Iced tea (Choice of summer fruits iced tea, mao feng green iced tea, lemon and ginger iced tea all freshley brewed daily)
  • Ice Coffee’s (Iced Lattes and Iced Americano’s - extra flavoured shots available)
  • Iced Frappe’s with whipped cream and topped with seasonal fruit

Summer Food

• Granola with greek yogurt, honey and fruit
  • Smashed avocado on soughdough bread, poached eggs & grilled Halloumi (please request when ordering)

No41. Specials

• The No41. Burger: 8oz Beef Burger on a toasted brioche bun accompanied with a small basket of hand-cut thick chips
  • ON THE MED: Turkish Style breakfast, with olives, feta cheese, Grilled Halloumi, Spiced Sucuk (Turkish sausage) & a fried egg. Side of Turkish toasted bread and Turkish black tea

We have many more dishes on our menu, just pop down and also don’t forget you can get yourself verified here @No41Coffee.

Thanks,

No41. Coffee Team

Foresthillnick
29 Sep '16

Just had a bite to eat in 41 - Coffee was very nice and the Chicken wrap was good too. Definitely an upmarket Cypriot vibe which works - I only got back from Cyprus on Tuesday and some of the places we ate in could learn a thing or too from No 41!!

Also spotted the A4 SE23.life poster in there…

Daffodil
30 Sep '16

Yes I had a very nice haloumi sandwich in there last week. Thumbs up!

Matthew_Benney
3 Oct '16

Finally got round to going here on Saturday for brunch but sat for more than five minutes at a dirty table and then a further 15 minutes or more without being offered even a menu to look at. Staff seemed to be either nowhere to be seen, or purposely avoiding eye contact. Add one screaming baby (not the cafe’s fault of course) and we walked up to St Davids, also for the first time, which was excellent.

Brett
3 Oct '16

Could be wrong but on previous visits have got the impression that it isn’t a table service kind of place. Happy to be corrected.

Daffodil
3 Oct '16

Yes it’s counter service not table service. I think most cafes are? I was in there today and had the haloumi again! :smile:

No41Coffee
3 Oct '16

Hi Matthew,

We do apologies for any inconvenience caused, we was extremely busy on Saturday and had many orders to eat in as well as takeaway so there was delayed waiting times and we informed all customers at the till when they ordered.

Menu’s are usually at all tables and we do again apologies for any mess, to confirm it is counter service and we have a sign stating that on the counter visable to all. My staff are very friendly at number 41 and we always try to make all customers feel welcomed and keep the place as tidy as possible.

We hope we can make a more pleasurable experience in future.

Thanks,
Tolga

No41. Coffee & Kitchen

No41Coffee
3 Oct '16

Yes correct both it is counter service @Brett :slight_smile:

Matthew_Benney
3 Oct '16

I soon realised it might be table service but there was nobody behind there each time I went up. I’m sure we caught you at a bad point, will give it another go.

anon5422159
7 Oct '17

Continued at No41 Coffee