Archived on 6/5/2022

Noise on (or near) Taymount Rise

Welshcake
31 May '20

Lots of noise coming from somewhere on or near Taymount Rise tonight. I get that it’s Saturday and people need to let off steam given the lockdown, but it’s almost 3 a.m. and the racket – shouting, singing and screeching laughter – has been going on for a good few hours now. No idea whether or not Covid guidelines are being breached but it’s a tad loud whatever. :roll_eyes:

HannahM
31 May '20

We’re at the top of Taymount Rise and heard it too.

Didn’t go out to investigate but when we walked home at 7pm we noticed a little gathering on the little roundabout park at the top - the one that is used by the houses on Grassmount.

Welshcake
31 May '20

It was hard to tell, given how sound can carry, but that sounds about right. I ended up calling Lewisham Council and was pleasantly surprised to get an answer. The guy said his shift finished at 3 a.m. but he’d drive by on his way home to investigate. No idea if he did, but either way the noise stopped soon after.

HannahM
31 May '20

We sometimes get a lot of noise from the Forest Estate behind us and it can take a bit of time to locate where it is coming from.

My feeling is it came from a garden or open space in the middle or near the top of Taymount Rise as it was definitely below us and I could not hear it once we closed our windows.

Welshcake
31 May '20

I was thinking possibly the bench opposite St Paul’s Conversion, as that can be a bit of a gathering point now and again, or even people shouting out of windows. Also, it didn’t sound like a huge crowd, just a loud one!