Archived on 6/5/2022

Nominate Unsung Heroes for a “Mayor’s Award”

SE23.life
11 Aug '17

The Mayor’s Award is a new scheme that has been set up to recognise people, community projects and businesses who volunteer in their spare time in Lewisham.

If you know an unsung hero or organisation who are making Lewisham a better place to live, please take a few minutes to nominate them.

There are three categories for the Mayor’s Award:

• Individual/volunteer – for their outstanding contribution to the local community
  • Organisation/business – for its community commitment to the people of the borough
  • Young person achievement award (for people aged 18 and under)

The deadline for nominations is midnight on 29 September 2017.

Pauline
4 Nov '17

YAY :slight_smile:

I’ve been nominated!

Got 2 letters today, both with the same info, though I don’t know who nominated me.

I’ve been invited to the awards evening on Friday 24th November for a reception, award presentation & buffet.

I’ll have to go straight after work so no fancy dress for me, I’ll be rocking up in my jeans & converse.

Whoever nominated me thank you so much x

Pauline
4 Nov '17

Wait, the last comment on your post.

Does that mean I’ve won one of the categories?

OMG!

Others deserve it more than me if I have, especially @Michael

Though I will take it any day of the week.

Some others deserve it more than me.

@Michael would you care to be my guest of honour on the night, I would like that & think you deserve it.

Pauline
4 Nov '17

The other guest i would like to invite is @Anotherjohn as he’s a great guy & the best shop landlord in FH, you up for coming to this Mr, hope so as I want you to be there. I could never do what I do without you. Regardless if It’s creating Santa’s Grotto or running free workshops for the local kids. You always step in and help me make it happen. I appreciate you so much, I know you’ll be annoyed at me for pointing out how much you do for FH. Sorry Boss but I appreciate you so much & others need to know why. You do so much for FH & I don’t think I would have been nominated for this without your input.
Hats off to you Mr, you’re ace xx

Anotherjohn
5 Nov '17

She’s been on the wine gums again!

Pauline
5 Nov '17

Haha, I mean every word I said Mr :slight_smile:

GillB
5 Nov '17

Very well done you & well deserved I’m sure :grin:

Pauline
5 Nov '17

Thank you, but many people always help with the crazy ideas I have for community events & projects, not least @Michael @Anotherjohn @emmad @GemsPerformingArts @JohnRussell @Simon @V22_Louise_House, local traders, & others.

I don’t think I would be invited to this without the input & involvement from all of them at some time or another

“A judging panel will review all nominations for the Mayor’s Award and a ceremony for the Mayor’s Award winners will be held on Friday 24 November 2017 at 6.30pm in the Civic Suite, Catford, SE6 4RU.”

Pauline
28 Nov '17

@Michael @Simon & myself won awards in the end, should have posted this earlier to let you know.

All that were invited won a Mayor’s awards, but there was a favourite in each category which wasn’t any of us, but all 3 that stood out in their category were thoroughly deserved including a young chap from @younglewishamproject :ok_hand::ok_hand:

I was very chuffed to get 2 :slight_smile:

anon5422159
28 Nov '17

Congratulations @Michael, @Simon and @Pauline :trophy:

Richly deserved for the tireless work that you do for the local area.

RachaelDunlop
29 Nov '17

Congrats to all - very richly deserved.

younglewishamproject
30 Nov '17

Thanks Pauline, Teklu was delighted to win ‘The Young People’s Award’, one of five categories in The Mayor’s Award Scheme for 2017.

Here’s a photo of him, proudly displaying his award.

SE23.life
11 Jan '18

Full list of awards here:

https://lewishamlocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/MayorsAwards-List-for-website.xlsx

Congrats again to @Pauline, @Michael, @Simon and @YoungLewishamProject. Are there any other SE23.life members who won awards but haven’t been mentioned here?

Pauline
11 Jan '18

Silly pic of of me here, as I was too small

Amazing youth from @younglewishamproject certainly deserved to win.

I dodged the main pic with the Mayor but my feet got caught not touching the ground.

Was damn proud to win two awards though :slight_smile:

Though am not sure I totally deserved them.