Archived on 6/5/2022

OFFERED - PC Dell Monitor and Breville kettle

Gillipops
14 Aug '17

Hello SE23 peeps. I have a flat screen 17" monitor and a Breville vanilla cream ‘pick and mix’ traditional kettle to give away. However - they both are technically challenged! The Dell monitor has gone ‘black’ on me and when the on/off button is pressed, shows for a second the message ‘auto detect digital input’. It’s a lovely monitor, but I will bin if no one wants to try and restore. The kettle is gorgeous too - barely used…but if you click down it’s switch to start - it starts to heat the water for 2 seconds…and then says ‘no’ and stops/clicks off.

I hate throwing things away that (to me and most of the developing countries) seem so modern/full of potential - but I’m also aware, that to most - they seem “not worth it”. If anyone would like to collect and mend these… as a ‘project’ - please PM me…otherwise, I will reluctantly put in them in the bin. Howl.

GillB
14 Aug '17

You could donate to Crofton Park library, they will mend & recycle.

Gillipops
14 Aug '17

Are you serious? If so…I’ll take tomoz… x

GillB
14 Aug '17

Yes I am! I volunteer there :smile:

Gillipops
14 Aug '17

Wowzer - bless your heart! I’ll pop round tomoz with it. Hope to see you!! x

GillB
14 Aug '17

I’m only there Mondays & Thursdays unfortunately, but if you ever pop in on either of those days I’m sure we will meet :smile:

system
13 Oct '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.