Archived on 6/5/2022

Our lovely black cat is missing from Neuchatel Road [found]

Isabel_Rene
12 Aug '16

We haven’t seen Gus since the morning of Tuesday 9th August when he was playing in our garden on Neuchatel Road (SE6/SE23 border). He never misses a meal or stays out long so it’s very unusual.

He’s four years old, long and lean with angular facial features, friendly (especially when food’s involved) and much-loved. His sister Dolly is very upset - we all are.

Please please check sheds etc.

Bolgerp
12 Aug '16

How awful… I do hope you find him soon. Will keep a look out.

LiseOfFH
20 Aug '16

Has there been any news? Did Gus come back?
We’ve got a similar looking all black cat (4yo), and I know there are quite a few in our area fitting that description (near Forest Hill Pools).
Ours disappeared for 36 hours once and then just appeared again, he was non-plussed but we were really anxious.

anon5422159
21 Aug '16

Quite far from home but worth following up on maybe?

CHfigaro
21 Aug '16

Good luck

Isabel_Rene
22 Aug '16

Still no news I’m afraid, it’ll be two weeks tomorrow. Still, the whole thing has been confirmation that we live in the best community ever. So many complete strangers have gone above and beyond to try and find him!

Isabel_Rene
24 Apr '17

Just wanted to update you all with miraculous news - almost NINE MONTHS after going missing, Gus was returned to us yesterday by the RSPCA who found him wandering around Catford Broadway! He seems absolutely fine, slightly flea-bitten but well-fed and very happy to be home. Absolutely bonkers!

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped back in August (the local kids formed a proper search party and it made me so happy to live in such a warm community) and urge you all to get your pets microchipped as there’s no way we’d have him back otherwise.

anon5422159
24 Apr '17

@Isabel_Rene that’s amazing! Gives hope to all of us who’ve lost cats recently (my sister sadly lost one of her black cats last week).

oakr
24 Apr '17

Remarkable! If ever there was an advert for getting pets Microchipped, this is it! Congratulations.

starman
24 Apr '17

I love these stories. My heart skips every time I read or see a lost kitty sign. So nice to hear the story end well.

MackemJo
24 Apr '17

This has totally made my Monday…I am always deeply upset by seeing missing cat posters or hearing these stories so this is wonderful news!

anon5422159
25 Apr '17
Isabel_Rene
25 Apr '17

Oh yeah, Gus is quite the local celebrity now! He’d be revelling in it if he was allowed to leave the house…