Archived on 6/5/2022

Our wonderful Crofton Park library!

Gillipops
5 Jul '17

I’m sure many have written on our forum of all the wondrous work the volunteers do to keep our Crofton Park Library open (not that I’m advocating sacking trained library workers to save money). I just thought I’d comment on how amazing they are and how much abuse I’ve witnessed that they take on a daily basis. i.e. People walking in to use the computers and one/many of the PC’s/printers aren’t working (no fault of their own - due to lack of supporting I.T. funds)…unacceptable/inappropriate noise for a library environment…people coming in that are a bit mentally vulnerable. However, despite all this, the volunteers are amazing…some are fragile in themselves, but still take it.

The other day, I witnessed that the building is now GROANING with books donated…I walked in, and wouldn’t even know where to start to look for a book I’d like to buy (a little like a TK Maxx scenario). I managed to find a Ladybird book pre 1970’s (i.e matte cover/bound, not glossy)…that’s the ticket!!! It was Dick Whittingdon and his cat - absolutely loving the illustrations (that’s purely what I buy them for)…yep, I know I can buy them on e-bay…but would rather find them just because I love looking at the pictures - not because they’re an investment!

Anyway - I think our Crofton Park Library volunteers are amazing. Just thought I’d give them the thumbs up.

GillB
7 Jul '17

Hi Gillipops, I have recently started volunteering in the library & I love it! :heart_eyes: so thank you on their behalf! :smile: