Archived on 6/5/2022

Pancake photos and suggestions!

oakr
16 Feb '21

So it’s pancake day, but we are delaying ours til Thursday so does anyone have any photos of their pancakes and suggestions? Will it be crepes or American pancakes?

robin.orton
16 Feb '21

Surely pancakes are pancakes. I don’t know what an ‘American pancake’ is - I hope we’re not being threatened with yet another transatlantic takeover of a venerable English institution.

oakr
16 Feb '21

What Is the Difference Between Crepes and Pancakes ? They both usually start as flour-based batters enriched with milk and eggs that’s poured onto a skillet, griddle, or pan and cooked until firm enough to roll or flip, but American -style pancakes are thick and fluffy, while French crêpes are wafer-thin and delicate

I vote crêpes everytime, but I’m part french…

Londondrz
16 Feb '21

Honey, lemon and sugar for me.

ForestHull
16 Feb '21

Flipping!

Nothing fancy for me, it’s just the powdered stuff Sainsbury’s were pushing at the front of the store, which isn’t bad for £1:

Beige
16 Feb '21

I make American pancakes sometimes, but never on pancake day, when I make ‘English’ ones. I would never make ‘English’ pancakes not on pancake day.

Londondrz
16 Feb '21

I made a change tonight, Nutella and Golden Syrup. There is no going back now!

LEJ
16 Feb '21

I’m a Nutella lover when it comes to pancakes but didn’t have any in the house. I improvised by attempting to melt some pieces of Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut whilst the pancake was still warm… not my finest hour I must say.

ForestHull
17 Feb '21

Sounds like a win to me!

GillB
18 Feb '21

We had lemon, honey & raisins :yum: just for me & my husband!

oakr
18 Feb '21

We had ours 2 days late today

Melted cheese and honey (not together!) were the favourites today!

brianlynch
1 Mar '21

Mmm…:yum: I like very much the pancakes prepared by my wife.