Archived on 6/5/2022

Panto coming soon!

Pauline
1 Apr '17

Fab first event from Jonathan here!

As an old friend or longtime supporter of Spontaneous Productions I am asking you to help me promote my newest family show by spreading the word and passing this email onto anyone you think may be interested. Launching a new venue can be risky, so any little help would be much appreciated!

Aimed at families with children aged 10 and under the show is a fun, fast-moving, quirky and original ‘Brothers Kaufman’ take on a classic fairy tale, so please do pass it on!

Thank you

Jonathan Kaufman
Creative director, Spontaneous Productions

Join dim-witted Jack, his stressed-out Mum and their faithful pet cow on an amazing adventure with a magical beanstalk, a castle in the clouds
and one very hungry giant…

The ‘inimitable Brothers Kaufman’ (Time Out) have been producing original children’s theatre since 1995. Their shows at the Colour House Theatre and the Sydenham Arts Festival have delighted thousands of children and their families. Now they’re back with a magical retelling of this much-loved classic fairy tale.

Do you dare visit the Giant’s castle?

What the critics said of other Spontaneous Productions:
“Brilliant” (Time Out) on The Three Musketeers

“Spontaneous Productions’ show was a real joy for any Roald Dahl fan” (SLP) on Dear Mr Dahl

“The show was magical and brilliantly done” (South London Press) on The Wind in the Willows

We are thrilled to confirm that regular CBBC presenter RHYS STEPHENSON will feature as Jack in the show. Rhys is delighted to return to Sydenham where he got his first acting break with Spontaneous Productions - you may have seen in him as Young Fred Ballard in Till the Boys Come Home or reciting comic monologues on the 202 bus route!
To book in person go to Kirkdale Bookshop
272 Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4RS or phone: 020 8778 4701

To book online, click here:

SpontaneousProductio
9 Apr '17

As the Producer and Director of this production I’m thrilled to be back doing a wonderful new theatre show for all the family in SE London. Residents of Forest Hill might well remember that my previous family shows - Wind in the Willows and The Jungle Book - both staged open-air at Albion Millennium Green in 2011 and 2012 - were hugely popular and sold out.

So do get along to the newest theatre venue in this part of London - Upstairs at the Sydenham Centre is a Lewisham-council owned space for use by all the community. My theatre company Spontaneous Productions will be staging regular events there from 22 April.

Look out for a new adaptation of Three Men in a Boat in May, award-winning novelist Jonathan Coe in conversation with Matthew Sweet in June, and in July 600 Seconds - an evening of short plays by emerging playwrights in SE London.

Read more about Spontaneous Productions here:
http://spontaneousproductions.co.uk/about-us/

system
8 Jun '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.