Archived on 6/5/2022

Pantry - 14 Perry Vale

westy1980
25 Feb '21

Looks like the old door shop/fish mongers is finally becoming g something else. This morning a new business called Pantry followed me on Instagram (@pantry_foresthill) - looks like they’re opening in April. Seems to be coffee/deli type stuff. Seems like a great spot for this kind of thing - good luck to them! Does anyone know any more?

Beige
26 Feb '21

https://www.instagram.com/pantry_foresthill/

Link so others can see what they have put on the line. Looks like they got the keys 2 days ago.

Rob
26 Feb '21

Very excited to welcome them and see some buzz to this side of the station!

ForestHull
27 Feb '21

Looks like it is going to be painted a shade of royal blue judging by the paint samples outside:

Planning permission (DC/20/119590) for remodelling of the two flats above was also granted on Feb 5th, so I expect lots of work on that corner soon.

Pantry
7 Mar '21

Hi All,
Yes that’s us!
I guess in a nutshell we are going to be gormet grocers, speciality coffee, baked goods, provisions, sundries and all round treats.
Will be opening April 2021, fingers crossed

ChrisR
7 Mar '21

Welcome!

It’s good to hear a new business is opening up on the Perry Vale side of Forest Hill.

Fran_487
8 Mar '21

Woohoo! Welcome! I live over the road and have been waiting hopefully for someone to take over this site. Can’t wait to pop in and sample all of the above!

LEJ
9 Mar '21

Can’t wait! Hope you are settling in OK. Looking forward to visiting when you open!

CC
11 Mar '21

Good news, wishing you all the best!

Pantry
16 Mar '21

Thank you so much!

Pantry
16 Mar '21

Thank you so much! Look forward to meeting you

Pantry
16 Mar '21

Thank yo so much! Look formward to meeting you

Rosered
17 Mar '21

Very exciting! Welcome!

wmorgan1
18 Mar '21

Beige
18 Mar '21

I guess the pants must fall under ‘provisions’.

Skua
18 Mar '21

Good luck! Looking forward to trying your coffee etc when I start heading back in to work in April!

ForestHull
11 Apr '21

Looks like they are opened early, with a bit of a queue and coffee & pastries selling fast:

Best of luck @pantry!

Pantry
11 Apr '21

Thank you so much!

We had a little soft opening that went so well we had to call it a day in order to open tomorrow! Hastily placing orders as we speak.

Seven days a week from tomorrow

fran
20 Apr '21

Went here today and got a lovely spinach and ricotta pastry. Recommend.

ForestHull
21 Apr '21

This is a really nice friendly shop, with a stack of pastries I’d like to try and good coffee too. Despite the sign only having prices for black or white coffee, they do a tasty flat white which is better than most in SE23, possibly among the top 3 for coffee in the area :+1:

They also have lots of other interesting products too and some very fresh looking fruit and veg:

Great to see a business like this take up a place on the other side of the tracks, definitely worth a visit.

Rob
21 Apr '21

They’ve made it such a friendly community vibe, I love being able to say the usual and they remember, a small touch often overlooked in the city😊

GotDeletedOnce
27 May '21

So I’ve been grabbing coffees and supplies from here fairly regularly since it opened.

Coffee - perfection

Custard tarts - perfect elevensies

Cold cuts - living out my Tony Soprano fantasy with amazing gabagool at home

What an addition to this side of the tracks

Rosered
31 May '21

I went for the first time today to get fresh bread for my bank holiday barbecue.

Really excellent bread. Will definitely be going back!