Perry Hill Pub 🎉

Exciting news for people down the Catford/Bell Green side of things… after sitting empty for a year or two, the Perry Hill is being taken over by a couple called Phil and Oonagh who have worked in various south London pubs (the Florence in Herne Hill is the one I recognised the name of) for 20-odd years. Pressed my face against the glass this afternoon as had noticed activity and Phil invited me in and said they’re hoping to open in Feb/March and that it will be a family and dog friendly pub with great food and beer! We need a bit of life in this neck of the woods so hopefully it will be a great asset. Their various social channels are live - handles on the attached pic.

16 Likes

Thank you for sharing. As someone who lives around the corner this is amazing news! Very excited about this coming to the neighborhood.

3 Likes

Oooh, yes this is really exciting news. Fab to see this pub getting some new love!

4 Likes

The new landlord was outside today working on the decking leading up to the front door. He said he hopes to get the kitchen open again.

2 Likes

I bet he does

1 Like

Great news - we need somewhere to go for a good pint and proper food. NOT Scotch eggs and pasties!

1 Like

Spent a lot of my Friday nights in here as a youth when it was the Two Brewers. Had a few cracking Christmas Eves in there as well. Hammered for under 20 quid, roll mops from the fish man and loads of songs on the jukebox.

Great times.

1 Like
1 Like

They must be getting towards opening soon :partying_face:

And for anyone eager to support them before they open, their website is also selling vouchers at https://www.perryhillpub.co.uk/shop

2 Likes

12th April it is then! Bookings can be made via their website: https://www.perryhillpub.co.uk/

1 Like

Their sample menu has just been released as well :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Not sure about the food pricing , This isn’t East Dulwich ? £4.50 for a portion of chips ??

Don’t think you will rein very long round here with those prices .

I’ll defo be paying the extra 50p to try the confit duck fat chips though!!!

1 Like

No, it’s East Perry Village.

The honor oak pub charges £4 for chips, but 14.50 for burger and chips does seem fairly steep. Whether it does well is probably going to be about quality and experience as well as price.

2 Likes

East Perry village!! Don’t think so , if you’ve lived in Forest hill for any time it’s the old
2 Brewers on Perry Rise. Nice little locals pub back in the day. Just noticed in an earlier thread that the licencee had some connection with The Palmerston in east dulwich , might have guessed.

1 Like

Hospitality has been shut for the best part of the year, and they probably add a little extra cost on to try to recover some lost profit, as they’ll be at reduced capacity presumably for most of the rest of this year.

Looks nice to me anyway :relieved:

3 Likes

Looks like the local market is changing! Very different place to even just 5 years ago, Forest Hill. The menu certainly seems aimed at the newer demographic.

Got a table booked - looking forward to seeing our new local

1 Like

Just had lunch at the Perry Hill and it was delicious! They seemed really well organised with lots of staff on who were all super friendly. Small menu but burger and hake tasted really fresh and yum.
They have done the outside bit up wonderfully and it’s huge!
Would recommend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That looks great & not too busy (in a good way!) - did you book a covered table or just take a walk in?