Archived on 6/5/2022

Perry Vale Car Park Changes Summer 2017

Dave
29 Jul '17

Continuing the discussion from Dartmouth Road Improvements.

I tried to use the 2 free hours at PV today but the machine is still only giving 30 mins free. Have I missed something or has the machine just not been updated?

As a side note, does anyone know if you can use the Ringgo app to register “free” parking?

RachaelDunlop
29 Jul '17

The Ringo app has updated to the new charges and yes you use it for free parking too, just like getting a ticket.

Daffodil
15 Feb '18

Very pleased to see the 2 hours free parking in Perry Vale, as I was visiting Dartmouth Road today. However the ticket machine wasn’t in use today so quite a few confused people not sure how to register for the parking. I managed to use RingGo which did get me the 2 hours free but charged me 20p for the privilege!

Foresthillnick
15 Feb '18

I just parked up there yesterday for an hour or so - without ringing or using an app with no issues…

Beige
15 Feb '18

When the machine isn’t working I don’t call Ringo. I’ve done it a few times but I’m fearful of getting a ticket. Is ‘the machine wasn’t working’ still a valid defence?

ambient
15 Feb '18

Well, what else are you supposed to do when you’ve accidentally left your mobile phone at home as well?

Beige
15 Feb '18

Use your nearest phone booth?

Foresthillnick
15 Feb '18

To be honest I didn’t even think about using the app but I guess in this day and age the “the machine wasn’t working” defence probably doesn’t hold much water…

Dave_Benson
15 Feb '18

Don’t hold me to this, but i think parking enforcement need to take a ticket from the machine and photograph it as proof of the time, (I have seen them do this in the Sainsbury’s car park) if the machine is not issuing tickets they can’t do that. I wouldn’t go over the 2 hrs though

RachaelDunlop
15 Feb '18

Ringo don’t charge to process free parking but they do charge for text alerts. You can turn them off.

If the machine isn’t working, I don’t call Ringo. To me no working machine = free parking.

Ryan
15 Feb '18

I parked there for 20 minutes or so earlier, without getting a ticket. No fine when I got back. I also agree no working ticket machine = free parking.

Daffodil
15 Feb '18

Ah thanks that’s useful to know!

Daffodil
15 Feb '18

Well I ended up in the car park for rather longer than intended (flat tyre :slightly_frowning_face:) and I didn’t see a parking attendant visit once. So I guess that as the machine wasn’t working they didn’t visit.

I did however see a taxi driver stop off to use the bushes as a toilet…