Archived on 6/5/2022

Perrymount School

Steffan
17 Apr '18

Hello,

Can anyone out there give some feedback and insight into Perrymount Primary School. We have visited the school and everything points to it being a nice, family school. The size is excellent for the area and the teaching standards seems to be improving year-on-year.

It would be great to hear from some parents out there who can comment on standards of teaching, child welfare and extra curricular activities.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Moto_Hodder
17 Apr '18

My 6 year old daughter is in year one at Perrymount. Your initial assessment is about right on teh character of the school.

Teaching standards are good, welfare is good. Extra-ciricular activites aren’t so good, but then Perrymount doesn’t have the economies of scale that larger schools would have. However, the flipside of that is that the school is very friendly and inclusive as well as being as diverse as the area it sits in.

The best recommendation I can give is that yesterday, they were off for a training day after a 2 week Easter break, but this morning, my daughter was in the living room with her uniform on and her shoes ready to go. This was before breakfast.

Josh_Brooks
17 Apr '18

My son is in reception. It’s a lovely, caring school with a strongly inclusive culture and friendly atmosphere where all the grown-ups know the names of all the children. He’s very happy and has good friends and great teachers. Happy to recommend.

Steffan
18 Apr '18

Thank you very much for this feedback it’s good to hear what they advertise is true. The size and family atmosphere is a real positive, especially as we live in London.

Many thanks

Steffan
18 Apr '18

Thanks Josh, it sounds like a really good atmosphere for learning