Archived on 6/5/2022

Philosophy and Critical Thinking Class: Art and Beauty

AdultLearning
12 Feb '19

What is beauty? Who decides what should be considered art? How can our aesthetic experience be explained? The course will address these and other salient questions in philosophical aesthetics. Lively discussions in class will be supported by visual examples as well as optional background reading, as we draw on the writings of prominent thinkers such as Plato, Kant, Hume and Tolstoy.

Fee: £81 (full) £54 (reduced)
Starts: Thursday 28 February
Ends: Thursday 4 April
Time: 6-8pm
2 Brockley Rise,
Crofton Park,
SE23 1PR

To enrol email anja@philosophynow.org

honoracorn
12 Feb '19

Heya, this sounds great. Is it all discursive or is there a written aspect to it too? And would you say it’s beginners or aimed at people who’ve studied a bit of philosophy before? Thanks in advance.

AdultLearning
19 Feb '19

Hi, Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I have had the following response from the organiser/ tutor:-

The course doesn’t require prior knowledge, just a willingness to think along, ask questions and discuss relevant issues with others. There is no written element. I’ll send out optional readings for each meeting, so whoever wants can turn up prepared or, if they choose, they can attend the class first and read the text later. The course will aim to be fairly interactive, lively class discussions and a few short Lecture’s from me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Selina

honoracorn
25 Feb '19

Hey,

Thanks for coming back to me. I’ve emailed the address given a couple of times but perhaps my spam filter is eating the responses. If you’re able to get a message to her, then please let her know I would be interested in attending the first session. Please DM me if you need more details.

Thanks!

system
26 Apr '19

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.