Archived on 6/5/2022

Police could face charges over Penge crash

anon64893700
5 Sep '17

The CPS has been asked to consider charges against two police officers after a stolen car they were pursuing killed two people in southeast London last year.

Original discussion here.

Londondrz
5 Sep '17

Damned if you do, damned or you don’t.

kat.standlake.point
5 Sep '17

I dont think these police officers should be prosecuted. They were following procedures, doing their jobs. I think instead putting up a show for the public with prosecuting officers (obviously the public is waiting for smbd to be punished from the Police, so those two officers are an easy sacrifice) , they better look into changing rules of chasing criminals in heavy populated areas. But the bottom line is no one knows when he/she is going to die, our time can be up tomorrow or in how many years. That is life unfortunately.

anon64893700
5 Sep '17

This is the point in question. The IPCC feel they have seen evidence that the officers committed criminal offences. What they are is another matter. I would be keen to learn what they are.

Quite a few police incidents are referred for consideration, but most are usually returned with no action by the CPS. That said, there is an investigative body for a reason, to ensure no one is above the law.