Archived on 6/5/2022

Private tuition - English, Portuguese French and Spanish

Catarina_Dias_Pais
7 Apr '18

I am a private tutor with more than 25 years of language teaching in public and private schools in the UK and abroad.
I consider myself very successful in motivating students and coping with their individual needs and expectations of communicating efficiently in a native or foreign language.

My Master Degree is in Modern Languages and Literature and I also have a Qualification in Sciences of Education and a Diplôme Supérieure de Langue et Littérature Française.

I am thus able to provide tutoring in PT and BR Portuguese, French, Spanish and English - all levels.

My one-to-one and small group sessions also include preparation for exams (GSCE, A levels, University and Language Certification), as well as teaching adults for professional and cultural purposes.

My methods are proven to achieve excellent and fast results.

I teach at home, in Forest Hill and online, via Skype. Please contact me to discuss availability and details of the courses.

Bibi
17 Jul '19

Hi Catarina
Are you still teaching Spanish on one-to-one?

Catarina_Dias_Pais
17 Jul '19

Hi, Bibi.
Yes, I am still teaching in Forest Hill and online, and I’ll be delighted to assist you.
Here is a link to one of the tuition websites I use with feedback from my students:
https://www.firsttutors.com/uk/languages/teacher/edna.portuguese.french.english/
What is your motivation for the course?
Please let me know your availability and when you intend to start the lessons.
Best wishes,
Catarina

Catarina_Dias_Pais
17 Jul '19

The feedback/ recommendation from my students on the tuition website is updated, as you can see from the most recent dates.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Catarina

Bibi
17 Jul '19

Thanks Catarina
My partner is Spanish and I want to learn to converse with his family, plus in future would love to explore working in a Spanish speaking community.
I would like to start in August if you are free, and how was can organise this
Do you teach in student home or yours?
Are you Portuguese or Spanish, if you don’t mind me asking?

Catarina_Dias_Pais
17 Jul '19

Hi, Bibi.
That is the perfect motivation for the course!
I teach at home, in Forest Hill, as well as online. I don’t travel to my students’ homes as my schedule is usually fully booked with back to back sessions.
I am Portuguese, and I grew up in a lovely seaside resort very popular with Spanish people all year long. I started learning the language and had Spanish friends from very little. It is not far from Vigo, where I used to spend my holidays and short breaks.
I’ll be happy to start lessons in August. I’m only planning to go to Barcelona for a few days in the week of the 19th. We can start at the beginning of the month though, and I can reserve one or more weekly morning lessons for you, Monday to Thursday. My afternoons and evenings will be again complete in September, with my GCSE and A-level students resuming their lessons after the summer. Is it suitable for you?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Catarina

Bibi
18 Jul '19

Hi Catarina
Thanks for getting back to me. I work full time during the day and can only be available in the evenings, and my preference would be Monday to Friday. Can you accommodate this? Do you have any pets?

Catarina_Dias_Pais
18 Jul '19

Hi, Bibi.
What is the earliest you can do in the evening? I can try to move a lesson to accommodate you. My evening fee is £40 per hour.
I have cats. Are you allergic to them?
Best wishes,
Catarina

oakr
18 Jul '19

Hi @Catarina_Dias_Pais and @Bibi

Before you share any other information publicly like address or phone numbers just a reminder than you can communicate by private message which might be better for ongoing discussions at the level you now appear to be at.

Good luck!

Al

Catarina_Dias_Pais
18 Jul '19

Thank you :blush: