We would like to let you know about a proposed development at 72 Cranston Road. The deadline for responding is Tuesday, 16 March so not much time!
The applicant is looking for planning permission to:
- Split a family home into two flats
- Extend the property by 8m into the back garden
- Build a large, unconventional, 2 storey building in the back garden
Here is the link to the planning application:
We are one of the neighbouring properties and are concerned for the following reasons:
- Conversion from a family home into 2 flats
- Overdevelopment of the site
- Impact of the outbuilding on properties on Cranston, Loxton, Colfe and Como roads.
- Size of the extension into the garden
- Alterations to the front elevation including two front doors
- Car parking (it’s already an issue on this road)
- Not being in character with the other homes in this terrace
- Potential for it to be used as an unlicensed HMO
- Use of the self-build exception
If you live within the area, please take a look at the planning documents and respond ASAP.