Archived on 6/5/2022

Recommendations please for full-service curtain companies

RachaelDunlop
26 Nov '17

Looking for a full-service curtain supplier that will come to the house, bring samples, design, then fit new curtains including track. Any local-ish recommendations? I previously used Paul Simon in Catford who were great, but are no longer there.

GillB
26 Nov '17

Hi Rachel,
You could try Bromley Blinds, yes I know I said blinds, but I’m sure they do curtains as well. We have had shutters fitted by them all over the house & have been very pleased with the service.

topofthehill
26 Nov '17

Designer Drapes in Penge have an excellent reputation. Not sure if they come to out to customers. I was given top quality curtains made by them. Everything made on their premises I believe.

topofthehill
26 Nov '17

Yes, according to their website, they do do the measuring, bring samples etc.

RachaelDunlop
26 Nov '17

Thanks for the recommendations, the guys in Penge look just the business.

se23blue
26 Nov '17

As a bonus Designer Drapes traded in Forest Hill @ 14 Perry Vale for about 12 years before the Door shop and Waters.

RachaelDunlop
13 Feb '18

Finally got round to get my curtains from Designer Drapes. It took about three weeks from me ordering to fitting. I’m absolutely delighted with the results. It’s hard to get a good picture because of the light, but I hope these photos give an idea.

I’ve now (finally!) completed this room, using local traders for the decorating, new radiators, carpets and curtains. Many thanks to everyone here for the recommendations, you were all spot on!